Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading AutoCad LT 2004

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jksplantman
3186 Views, 6 Replies

Upgrading AutoCad LT 2004

I have a new computer, but an older version of AutoCad LT (2004).  First of all, can I upgrade from 2004 to 2012, and if so, what procedure(s) should I use?  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jksplantman

You can Upgrade but you will be buying a new seat of the program and not an Upgrade seat.

If your new OS is WIn 7 Pro or higher you may be able to get the 2004 running under XP mode or older Win 7 emulated OS.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 7
pendean

There is no discount pricing: you will need to buy LT at a full package price (avoid buying an LT version labelled UPGRADE, it will not install and you'll have a hard time getting a refund from most 3rd party resellers).

Message 4 of 7
madcowscarnival
in reply to: pendean

You might carefully check through the various functions you use to see if they have been removed in later versions of LT prior to purchase.  The one I primarily use is dview->twist for rotating drawings in the viewport.  They moved it apparently to full versions only after 2004.  Thus, I'll keep 2004 until it becomes too obsolete to use.

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

UCS command is still around and does what is needed to get the same effect.

Message 6 of 7
owenRNLDG
in reply to: pendean

Thanks to all quick responders
Message 7 of 7
tomrk55

Run it in a virtual machine that you can get online for free. Just don't use Microsoft's virtual machine which supposedly doesn't support Windows XP anymore. Although I have it running.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost