Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to LT Revit 13 but still want to use LT 10

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
TomLLA
590 Views, 10 Replies

Upgraded to LT Revit 13 but still want to use LT 10

I have purchased the upgrade fro LT 10 to Revit LT 13 but have not installed it yet.  I want to know if there's any way to install 13 and learn it while still having 10 available so I can actually get work done.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: TomLLA

did you buy the revit lt suite?

and did you buy subscription with it?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
TomLLA
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, I purchased Revit LT Suite 2013.  No did not purchase subscription.  I'm a single-person firm and my fear is, if I install 13 and a client needs something right away and I don't have all the bugs worked out and at least a basic knowledge of how make the jump from 10 to 13, I'll be stuck.  Want to continue to work in 10 while learning 13.

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

then no you can't

if you bought subscription you would be allowed to use your 2010 still

what you did was traded in your 2010 LT license for a Revit LT license you can't use your 2010 license anymore since you didn't buy subscription

you traded in your old car for a new one you can't still use the old car

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: DarrenP

However, OP did state they bought the Suite, which comes with AutoCAD LT 2013 as well, yesno? So with a bit of adjustment they should be able to continue on that, since they now have AutoCAD LT and Revit LT in one package.

OP you should look into upgrading to the subscription, or within a few years you'll be left in the dust with a larger expense for upgrading, just to stay "current"...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 11
TomLLA

Thanks for the input and FAST responses.  I will try to do the actual install/upgrade AFTER a deadline and when I have a week or two to work things out.  I'm sure I'll be back for more tips!!!

Message 7 of 11
pendean

Let's be clear: if you purchased the Suite, you have both AutoCAD LT 2013 (works just like LT2010) as well as REVIT LT 2013 (the new all different program). So is this a fear of AutoCAD LT 2013? Or are you simply not aware you also bought the AutoCAD LT 2013 upgrade?

What could possibly be in AutoCAD LT2010 that you could not do with the newer AutoCAD LT2013? Just like 2010, 2013 can save down.

On the other hand, you also purchased REVIT LT 2013: without subscription this software will become obsolete with the next upgrade (this coming April 2013 most likely): unlike AutoCAD, REVIT has no ability to save down so the usefulness of REVIT will disappear the first time you need to work with any government agency or contractor or client that is on the highly recommended subscription.
And to boot, when it comes time to buy the next upgrade you will pay to upgrade both software at the soon to be 70% price and not the cheap intro price you hopped on that train with.

Good luck: I don't think you planned this jump very well. Get on subscription fast, it's ultimately cheaper than the puddle of mud you just stepped into my friend.
Message 8 of 11
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: pendean

A few more notes regarding subscription -- it allows you access to autodesk technical support that otherwise you'd have to pay your reseller for. It entitles you to a free upgrade to the new release that comes out in the Spring. It allows you access to some training materials on autodesk's website, that I don't think you'd normally be able to access. Also, generally there are special "subscription pack" releases -- not sure if they are so much for LT products, but I think I have received one or two if memory serves -- that might sometimes be tools that others won't see until the next release.

Finally, subscription entitles you to access autodesk's cloud services. You see, Revit comes with the ability to render natively, but Revit LT does not. However, Revit LT users can do this through the aforementioned cloud services for free, from what I have read.

As Dean pointed out, in a year or two you will find yourself behind, so it would behoove you to contact your reseller about adding the subscription. Good luck! 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 9 of 11
Irish2
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

And, have you ever wondered where in the world the word "behoove" comes from? And why would we use a word like that as an encouragement? Smiley Wink

Yes, you can do rendering in the "cloud" for free using Revit LT, but that is only for I believe 5 times. You then have to pay. Not really that good of a deal for the rendering part.

Message 10 of 11
TomLLA

The "puddle of mud I've jumped into" is thanks to the all mighty Autodesk Marketing Team that made the suite cheaper than the the standard Lt version and their need to raise cash at the end of the year and sell software that will be "obsolete" in four months - really?! (a bit tongue in cheek!). So anyway, I had cash to spend, so I bought the suite.

Being an AutoCad user for 25 years, I know that every upgrade is not seamless and simple.  Over the years migration tools have gotten better, but it still takes time, effort and tweaking to get it personalized and working the way I want it to.  All the while I'm not working at 100% productivity.  Nature of the beast.

My initial question was simple, it was answered quickly and now I can move forward with "the jump."  Been doing it since 1987-ish.  And apparently I do have some spare time on my hands as I keep posting to this thread, so losing some productivity won't be all that bad.

Thanks Darren for the first answer.  Dean, I've seen you over the years when I've searched for answers before (unique last name - and expert knowledge - makes it memorable).  Bob, as I type this I'm laughing that you just posted too - "behoove" is perfectly appropriate.

Happy New Years to all!!!

Message 11 of 11
pendean

If you get stuck in AutoCAD LT 2013 please feel free to post back andxask for help; many of us here moved to it this year. Ensure you download and install the update for it if the installation process does not offer to do it for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost