Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of student edition

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
727 Views, 6 Replies

Upgrade of student edition

I have a fully legal registered version of acadLT. I work with a draftsperson that mistakenly bought the student version instead of LT. Can I some how get rid of the "Student Version" stamp on drawings he has started and us I open and use on the legal version. Or can he upgrade to LT and then make the stamp go away?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The stamp is encoded into the file. The only method to remove it available to users like us is to beg a repair off a VAR (which many LT users don't have access to since they bought their copy retail) or from Autodesk directly, with pretty bad response time as I understand it.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 3 of 7
pendean

The DWG file, not the application you own, is the violation: content from EDU versions may not be used for commercial gain.

It does not matter what you own, it's using that file that is the reason Autodesk could audit and fine you/your firm. Never a pretty sight, and the local publicity in your area is great ammo for your competitors.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

How did this guy "mistakenly" buy an educational product that has been available for free for years?

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

It was the deal of the century at $129. I can't believe my luck! All you suckers that paid $800. HA!

There was a poster here a few months back that purchased thru Amazon a seat of LT and was shipped the Student Version. In this case I believe that is was a bogus seller at Amazon taking advantage of the purchaser.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

While it is "supposed" to be free, if you get it through retail channels with a disk instead of downloading from Autodesk, you may be charged a "reasonable" handling charge. People not used to the high prices for this type of software may see a charge of $50 and think that that is the real cost  of LT.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I thinh he paid about what I did for my LT Upagrades. I think he may have gotten the shady retailer. I do remember the day of 139.00, long gone. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost