Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted blocks from architect.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
caeda102
250 Views, 3 Replies

Unwanted blocks from architect.

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I run Autocad LT14. Recently the drawings have been bloated with linetypes and blocks from the architectural drawings we use as a base. Sometimes others set the drawings up and work on them first so I can't go back to the initial set up to avoid importing the problem. I have managed to rid the linetypes by WBLOCKing the entire drawing (thanks to posts!) but am still stuck with the blocks. There are lots of them, all prefixed GAPlans$0$doorbell, etc which will not purge. There is no Xref layer attached although they may have been sent as a bound drawing from the architect. Is there a particular way the architect should send these to me to avoid this problem (ie xrefs insert rather than bind?) and does anyone know how to ditch these blocks? I've re run WBLOCK again but they remain in there. Bloating my drawings and making files huge!

Thanks for any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: caeda102

I have found this from time to time in drawings that clients have sent me.

It looks like (well to me anyway). What they do is make a general floor plan and then maybe xref blocks into it, and then xref that drawing into another and then bind.

So even though the block may be called Banana, because it's been xrefed into Palm Tree it becomes Palm Tree$0$Banana and it has also been xrefed into Orange Tree it will become Orange Tree$0$Banana.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
caeda102
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks, that was what I was thinking too. Is there anyway of getting rid of them now or am I destined to spend the rest of my cad life with them?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: caeda102

Ask the sender to "insert" and not "bind" the files and that should cure it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost