Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unselectable lines appearing at the end of each drawn line.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
oldTechNewUse
3630 Views, 10 Replies

Unselectable lines appearing at the end of each drawn line.

Hello all.

Any one deal with lines that appear to the right of each line that is drawn?  For example if I draw a vertical line I get a line at the start point and the end point that display off to the right 2 cm or so.  Zoomed in or out, always about 2 cm.  After about 15 minutes, every line does this.  Pretty bothersome.  I thought it was a graphics card but the blocks in my drawings go off to the right in which they were created.  So if the block is rotated, these little 'tails' rotate with it.

I tried some troubleshooting -   Reinstalling/updating graphics card driver, switching monitors, but no help.  

I have 8gb of ram on a windows 7 Bit system, and have an Autodesk/AutoCAD certified graphics card - an AMD FirePro 3900 (ATI FireGL).  You'd think that this 'certification' would prevent problems like this.  What do I know.

On a side note, Draw Order > send to back/send to front does not appear to work either on my display.  I would hope that something would resolve both issues, but I'll take what I can get.

Any Ideas?

Thanks (AutoCAD LT 2014)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: oldTechNewUse

Can you recreate the 'tail' problem in a new file? If yes, can you then post that file here along with a screenshot from your PC showing the issue?

DRAWORDER may require you to also run REGENALL afterwards to force your video card to react to the changes: try that.
Message 3 of 11
oldTechNewUse
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for reaching out and offering solutions.

I tried typing the commands DRAWORDER and REGENALL.  Both to no avail.

I've attached screen shots. One during the display failure and one after restarting AutoCAD.  The file in which I took these shots is also included.

The image with the display failure is not as bad as it is most of the time.  At times dashed lines (hidden line 2) will show a tail at the end of each dash, and lines will have tails both at the front and back.

And another goofy thing, my Esc key wouldn't cancel any command after I restarted AutoCAD.  Again I'm hoping one fix will cover all of these problems, but I may be too optimistic

I appreciate the help.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

If restarting AutoCAD fixes the problem, then it's a vid card or display settings issue: change your hardware acceleration setting in LT2014 (if nit's on, turn it off, if it's off, turn it on) and turn off Win7's Aero Theme altogether.

There is nothing wrong with your file and in 2014 here I could not get it to show any unwanted line extensions no maater how hard I tried.

As for ESC key, explore this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4DAxAGYYv4
Message 5 of 11
oldTechNewUse
in reply to: pendean

Thank you pendean,

I'll give them all a shot.

Message 6 of 11

Hardware acceleration turned off makes the display of the tails go away.  When I turn it back on they appear again.  I switched my display from Aero too.  

So I'll keep hardware acceleration off, but it makes the cursor choppy as I'm bouncing around the screen.  Is this my fate until some magical fix in AutoCAD or I get a new graphics card?  Would this negate this card being certified/recommended, or are there other variables that are beyond my knowledge?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 11
pendean

Try uninstalling Autodesk's video card drivers and using the one that came with your system (revert back so to speak): see if that helps.
Message 8 of 11

The choppy movement is likely an Autodesk software issue. There is another Thread here that talks about that and a solution. It may be worth you reading thru it. Start at Message 40

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014-Flickering-Issue/m-p/3875348/thread-id/1131...

Message 9 of 11

Thank you Charles, I'll look into it shortly.

Message 10 of 11

Turn off the hardware accelerator - this will fix it as I have had the same issue and now it is all good.

Message 11 of 11
johnoneil

Had this problem today when working in iso views. Tried everything and could not select the lines. Spent much time looking at visual variables but nothing worked. Turns out all I had to do was restart the program. Not sure why the drivers started acting up this way but it was clean when I shut down and restarted. I'll know the next time!

Best of luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost