Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined shape and Unable to Enter Text

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
psulli02
7649 Views, 18 Replies

Undefined shape and Unable to Enter Text

I am using AutoCAD LT 2014. Whenever I open a drawing, I receive the error message, ** Undefined shape XX with XX representing different numbers (50, 120, and 53). According to the KB, This error message is typically displayed when a required font style is not available for use. The solution is to copy the fonts from another computer but my issue is, I don't have another computer with the working fonts.

Additionally, I am unable to enter any text into the drawing using the Single line or Multiline tool. From MTEXT, whenever I enter any letters, I receive the same error message ** Undefined shape XXX.

My support file search contains links to all of the necessary files C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\Fonts.

I followed a number of links from a Google search like  link1 and link2 with no resolution.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: psulli02

STYLE command, select another font for your active text style, then try TEXT again. A shape font is not a text font, bu that missing shape file is being used in your file and it had to come from somewhere: so where did you file come from, or magical block did you find on the internet and insert into your file?
Message 3 of 19
psulli02
in reply to: pendean

When I attempt to enter the SYTLE command, I receive the error, "unhandled access violation reading 0x0000 exception at ecd319a5h" and I am faced to close the application.

The drawing file was sent to me by the architect but I edited the file when I exported it from an application called AirMagnet. AirMagnet includes a feature to export the drawing to include a new layer for the placement of devices.

Based on your response, it sounds as though the text is actually part of the shape as opposed to text font which I don't have the correct file for. My confusion comes from the fact that I cannot even add text to a brand new drawing without receiving the "Undefined shape XX" error.

Message 4 of 19
pendean

You will need to find and acquire and missing shape file to resolve your problems. Perhaps AirMagnet created the requirement? Or did you have this issue with the original architect file (then they can provide you with the missing shape file)?
Message 5 of 19
psulli02

I do appreciate the responses and understand if I would like the shape text for these specific shapes, I will need to locate them. However, whenever I attempt to add text with MTEXT or TEXT, I receive an error, "Command: _text Invalid current text style." So I try to STYLE, and I receive "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at ea9419a5h" and the application is forced to close. Tried the remedies listed here but still no luck.

Message 6 of 19
Charles_Shade

Did you do this for possible .NET corruption:

.NET Cleanup Utility:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

How about a repair install of LT? May be all you need.

A clean install if you get that far following this procedure:

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Kudos for looking into the KB for an answer.

Message 7 of 19
pendean

You either have a troubled LT installation, or a bad file: we can't remotely tell you which is the problem.

If you can repeat the STYLE command crash in all, that's ALL, other files and new files, it's a bad install. If it only occurs in this file or files from the same source then the problem is the file.

Drill down, skip looking for remedies and identify the problem first.
Message 8 of 19
LeafRiders

I get the exact same problem with CIvil 3D 2014. All point labels are gone, all alignment labels are gone. I try to change the font assigned to Standard and I get a fatal error. This all happens overnight for now apparent reason. So what I'm hearing is to repair the installation, or maybe there is a hotfix for fonts in 2014? If I find anything out I'll try to post it back into this forum. Good luck with your problem, sounds similar to mine.

Message 9 of 19
pendean
in reply to: LeafRiders

You might want to ask your fellow CIVIL3D users in that dedicated forum to ensure you get the proper advice for your product http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/bd-p/66
Message 10 of 19
PatrickByrne

Exact same problem.

Got a new laptop, Win 7 64 bit, loaded AutoCAD 2014 did some 3D work and then wanted to work on existing drawings but there was no text showing on the drawing and each time I loaded it I got a lot of Undefined shape errors, when I started the style command I got a fatal error. I did the usual loaded AutoCAD again and still got the errors.

Lucky I was able to contact another user who had got a new machine a few months earlier. The problem was not with AutoCAD, it was to do with Proxy Client software installed on the machine, once this was uninstalled and the machine rebooted everthing worked.

Message 11 of 19
xmonomoy

'Magical Block you downloaded from the Internet'..... Always the smartass... never can simply answer a question or just help someone out.  Always trying to make others look bad... feel dumb, etc.  Why do you feel like you're so superior Mr. Pendean??

Message 12 of 19
LeafRiders
in reply to: xmonomoy

It's a similar context when one gets hammered on for posting something relative but pertaining to a different version, just in case someone else use that "other version" and has a similar issue, it's more a case of notifiying it's not just an issue with the version initially noted. Let's not try and tie similar issues together regardless of version year, but instead discourage people to chime in when they have a similar problem that is relative but with a different version. (end rant).

Message 13 of 19
pendean

I like to think I find magical blocks to download from the internet to use in my files: don't you and everyone else? If it wasn't magical we would have drawn it ourselves.

Try posting a solution with your rant so the user up top can benefit from it.
Message 14 of 19
pendean

C3D does contain custom objects and advice in the LT forum of all places may not be accurate: "similar" may be true but what's the harm in confirming?
Message 15 of 19
xmonomoy

Literally 'every' post you comment on (and believe me... there are 10's of
1,000's)... you always have this snarky attitude... so unnecessary and
condescending. It's annoying. Why do you bother commenting if all you
want to do is belittle? Seriously??
Honestly. You're a bully who seems to revel and enjoy putting people down
and acting superior.
Message 16 of 19
pendean

'snarky' takes just as much for the reader to interpret: in this exact instance I dare to say you had more going on with yourself that I did with my reply when ready fully with no sentence or word taken out of context http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-general-discussion/undefined-shape-and-unable-to-enter-text...

Good luck with that (this is a 'unable to help you' and not a 'snarky' comment).
Message 17 of 19
xmonomoy

This is your 'pattern'... its NOT just this ONE post 'Pendean'... you're
always like that... It's like I can't escape you on this KB... literally
anytime I have a question...want to find an answer... see if someone is
experiencing something similar to what I am... you're in EVERY THREAD...
with the same elitist, condescending and snarky attitude. I don't know
why/how you do it. It must literally take every waking moment for you to
be in every thread... and all you do is be rude to people and tell them to
'research' before asking questions...
Believe me... I would love to have a problem, search the KB and come across
an answer without seeing your antagonistic comments labeled by you as
'helped/solved'...
Message 18 of 19
pendean

🙂
Message 19 of 19
rjdpark

I had a similar issue where fonts wouldn't change no matter what style I selected (Mtext or not) and editing text would make it disappear with only a regen all bring it back. The problem I found was the font map link was missing.

This is how I fixed it:
In file explorer I ran a search of my C:\ for *.fmp which found a number of files and copied the path of the acad.fmp which related to the Autocad version I was using.
In Autocad go to Tools> options> text editor, dictionary and font file names> Font mapping file>
Paste the path of the acad.fmp you have found and click OK.

This solved my issue. Hope it helps others.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost