Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Update AutoCAD LT 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aanspach
583 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to Update AutoCAD LT 2010

My AutoCAD LT has been randomly crashing.  It used to be quite often when I would use the measure tool, overwhelm it with too many tasks (hitting buttons too fast) or hitting esc when it was performing a task.  This morning it crashed while using the copy tool and again with the move tool 20 min later.  When I sent the error report, it showed that I need the Update 2.  I attempted to download the update and install it.  It asked for the disk but then said the information on the disk wasn’t available.  It continued to give a 1603 Error Code.  Our IT suggested to uninstall and then reinstall the software but I was concerned with reregistering the serial number even though it is on the same computer.  How can I fix this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: aanspach

Does your CD driver work?

Did you use an LT2010 CD? is there more than one disk?

1603 Error Code:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/search?la=en&siteID=123112&catID=2334116&linkID=9240817&qt=1...

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Folks uninstall and reinstall regularly with no issues about reauthorizing legal licenses.

Message 3 of 3
aanspach
in reply to: aanspach

Yes, my CD driver is working.  It is able to open the CD, but isn't able to find what is looking for on it.  it is looking for a .msi file but when I click on it, it goes back to not finding the appropriate content. 

Yes I was using the ACAD LT disk and there is only one disk available. 

I plan to uninstall and reload today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost