Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to trim/extend with Regions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MstrSn
3127 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to trim/extend with Regions

Hello, i'm using Autocad 2015 LT now for a few weeks and i have a problem with the Trim/Extend function.

When i was using Autocad 2014 LT, i could trim en extend lines/polylines etc. with a Region, this is not working in Autocad 2015 LT anymore.

Please let me know if there is a variable wich i have to change or something els, its very annoying.

Gr. Sander.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
steven-g
in reply to: MstrSn

Can you post a drawing with a couple of objects that show this behaviour, it might be a setting that has changed, but it may also be a computer based setting, but someone could check if they get the same behaviour.

Message 3 of 8
MstrSn
in reply to: steven-g

Steven, in the attachment a DWG, if loaded in Autocad 2014 LT ther is no problem trimming or extending, if loaded in Autocad 2015 LT, i'm not able to extend or trim to the Region.

Message 4 of 8
steven-g

Edgemode and Projmode can have an effect on the trim command, when things have a different elevation, which isn't the cause in your drawing, maybe someone else with 2015 can check it, do you get an error message in the command line telling you why the object can't be trimmed?

Message 5 of 8
mmelechinsky

I was able to trim using your region but only after I moved everything closer to 0,0,0.  I can't explain why that is.

BTW...when it does fail AutoCAD reports back saying...."Does not intersect with the cutting edge."

Message 6 of 8
MstrSn
in reply to: steven-g

I've tried both of them, Edgemode had different value then the one in 2014, but there was no result in trimming or extending.

It's like autocad sees the Region as a block or polyline, except when it comes to trim/extend, wich is no problem with the same drawing in Autocad 2014 LT.

Message 7 of 8
mmelechinsky

Did you read my response?
Message 8 of 8
MstrSn
in reply to: mmelechinsky

Yes, i've red your response, sorry i'm also busy working.

It works indeed, i'm curious why, but glad it works now.

(I've got the same answer on a other forum just now)

Thanks you all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost