Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find main dictionary - LT 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
timothylund
880 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to find main dictionary - LT 2014

Since I've installed Revit LT Suite (I'm only using ACAD LT while I transition), whenever I either attempt to spellcheck or type a first command in my session, I get the following warning "Unable to find main dictionary.  Could not start speller."  I've tried DICTMAIN to no avail.  I have "None Available" under the search path for Main Dictionary with all options greyed out.  I've tried to locate the .dct file on the install DVD's, also with no luck.  Has anyone encounteted this and, maybe, solved it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: timothylund

Create one: it's just a TXT file with the extension changed to DCT. Windows' free Notepad app can do that. Place it where DCTMAIN looks for the file.
Message 3 of 5
timothylund
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

I created a blank text document, renamed it maindict.dct and put it in the support directory.  I tried restarting ACAD a few times, but there's no ability to set it even as a custom dictionary (everything is disables/grey.  I also tried DICT command and set it to the same name.  DO you know where the file is supposed to go?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

OPTIONS command>FILES tab>TEXT/DICTIONAY...FILE NAMES are two entries, MAIN DICTIONARY (pick one) and CUSTOM DICTIONARY FILE (location of the requires CUS dictionary file for you). If there is a CUS file referenced there, try opening it.

also try this tip: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012/Main-Dictionary-Not-Available/m-p/2999244#M7942...
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Good,that works for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost