Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-grouping an array

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
joshure
30752 Views, 5 Replies

Un-grouping an array

So I have created an array to layout my drawing of some blocks that I created. I took each array and copied it (not as an array) Now I want to drill down and do a count of the blocks that are in my drawing. 

How can I "explode" the arrays so that I no longer have any 'arrays' but now just my blocks? 

basiclly I am building large arrays and need to count items after they are spaced out. what is the best way to do this if not able to explode or exit the arrays?

Thanks,

Josh

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: joshure

I take it you did not actually try EXPLODE command yet?

PROPERTIES command gives you row/columns counts if you select an ARRAY too, if you want to avoid exploding.

Message 3 of 6
Emmanuel.Delay
in reply to: pendean

Thanks.

Don't you guys think it's a bit strange you need the seperate command EXPLODE; 

while X (when the array is selected) doesn't work?

Any justification for this?

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Emmanuel.Delay

Log into your subscription page and ask Autodesk: we are just end users like you over here.
Message 5 of 6
Emmanuel.Delay
in reply to: pendean

By the way, I was wrong. My problem was the 1-letter aliases; X is not automatically linked to explode; now X stands for xline. That's a different problem
Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Emmanuel.Delay

You can change that behavior easily to suit your exact needs: X here for example is XPLODE command (that's right, no E) and XL is XLINE 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost