Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCS rotated 45d, cannot be reset to world

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
madcowscarnival
5635 Views, 7 Replies

UCS rotated 45d, cannot be reset to world

Yesterday a house sketch I was working on somehow rotated the UCS 45 degrees positive from how it was drawn.  I first noticed it in a VP, went to check if somehow I had twisted the drawing, but I hadn't.  Switched over to MS and the UCS there was rotated as well.  I scrolled through the entire list of commands to see if I had activated some short cut, but did not find anything out of the ordinary.  I tried resetting UCS to World, but world is now 45d from my drawing (i.e. it doesn't show that I'm in a different UCS).  If I manually change the UCS via 3point, and then twist my viewports it works, but I would rather find the root cause.  I have shut down and restarted the computer just in case it was some error in the program, but same deal.  The file that I took the page layouts and viewports from is completely normal.  Its just this one file.

Version LT2004

File is attached.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Crass
in reply to: madcowscarnival

Di you use the PLAN command to change the actual view to conform with your different UCS?

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 3 of 8
madcowscarnival
in reply to: Crass

Thanks for the reply.  I looked into the PLAN command.  I've never used it in my work.  When I did PLAN->World the UCS frame rotated to what would be standard for me (x-axis horizontal, y-axis vertical).  But along with that, it rotated the drawing to -45d.  I have no idea what might have happened.  Its like the drawing was rotated with the altered UCS, but I can't change it back to "normal" without altering "standard" settings.

I posted a zip file as I thought those were the only ones that could be uploaded to the forums.  Browsing through other posts though, I noticed that dwg files were attached.  So I'll attach the non-zipped file if anyone was worried about the content.

Message 4 of 8
Crass

This is what you want right?

type UCS <enter>

then VIEW <enter>

You are right though.  The World Coordinate System was changed... or the drawing geometry got rotated??? Weird

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 5 of 8
madcowscarnival
in reply to: Crass

That definately fixed the crosshair problems.  I haven't used the view command before.  I wound up just cutting the whole project and starting it in another drawing and none of the issues are present there.  I just wish I could figure out what led to the 45d rotation in the first place.  Its at an exact angle, very peculiar, like I somehow inadvertantly altered it with command line typing.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
ssoby

This was posted a long time ago, but I just had this issue. I discovered I must have accidentally clicked on the isoplane icon in the status bar along the bottom. I just shut it off and everything's back to normal.

1.jpg

Message 7 of 8
ssoby
in reply to: ssoby

I  downloaded the zip attached to this question and saw that the problem was a little bit different than what I had. In the users file I selected the UCS icon and when the blue grip appeared at the origin, I right clicked the grip and selected "World" and that seemed to solve the previous users problem.

Message 8 of 8
steven-g
in reply to: ssoby

Unfortunately, this looks to be just a case of user error. There is nothing wrong with the UCS for some reason either the OP had started the drawing with the USC rotated or had managed to select everything in the drawing and rotate those 45 degrees. Just because the OP at the time couldn't find how this happened by looking back through the command history, that is what happened. And looking at the drawing there are a number of items drawn at 45 degrees, for example, the roof, so it is not as though this is beyond the realms of being possible.

Any guess as to how it happened is just that 'a guess' and only the command history would show what it was, but that is long gone. At the time it looks like the OP restarted the drawing which is unfortunate because all that was needed was to rotate all the objects back to the correct orientation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost