Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to download TrueView

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
njam99
549 Views, 8 Replies

Trying to download TrueView

I'm running AutoCad LT 2009 and I need to be able to open drawings that were created in newer versions of AutoCad, so I'm trying to download TrueView. I go through all the steps, try to open a drawing and it directs me to download TrueView again. What do I do now?

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: njam99

Trueview 2013?

Correct bit version? 32 or 64 installed?

Trueview opens and operates normally other than the Conversion? i.e. You can see the the drawing you wish to convert?

Are these DWG files you are converting that are just in a 2010 or 2013 format?

Message 3 of 9
marchitect_nc

You asked: "What do I do now?" My answer: Quit. I too have LT 2009 (running on XP (SP3)) and have NEVER been able to get the True View install to work. They named it wrong. It should be No View. mg
Message 4 of 9
Holly_Jones

Launch TrueView first and then path to the drawing you want to open via TrueView's "Open" (the little folder icon on the upper left of the screen). It's not the most intuitive program but if you have enough patience, it will get the job done.

Message 5 of 9
Charles_Shade

TrueView Forum

It is an issue specific to your system or install. Many have not had any issue with installing and using TrueView.

There may be solutions in the specific Forum that will help you find an answer.

I see that marchitect_nc has been there already. I wonder if it could be a .NET issue or Direct-X as well.

Sometimes these cause AutoCAD not to load properly.

Message 6 of 9
njam99

I don't have a TrueView icon on my desktop, and I have gone through the steps of downloading TrueView at least three times.

Message 7 of 9
Holly_Jones

Do a search on your computer for "dwgviewr.exe". If you can find it, right click, drag it to your desktop and make a shortcut. If you can't find it you could go to the TrueView forum that Charles suggested and get some answers there.

good luck.

Message 8 of 9
pendean

What does "going through all the steps" mean in your first post at the top?
Have you restarted Windows yet?
Message 9 of 9
njam99
in reply to: pendean

I started with Download Now and continued with each new instruction. I just tried installing it again so I could be sure to restart the computer immediately, and I got the message, "The system cannot open the device or file specified." When I clicked OK, it went to Setup Initialization anyway. The progress bar is continuing to run. I think it will run for a long time.

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. Charles, I will look into the .NET or Direct-X issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost