Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted locations in 2014 LT

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lrlandusky
2109 Views, 6 Replies

Trusted locations in 2014 LT

I just installed and migrated settings to 2014 LT.  I have a script that runs when I start AutoCAD and also use scripts to change my dimension styles and text settings around.  But, I have no control over whether they are trusted or not.  Any ideas?  Full Acad appears to have some support paths to add and even a variable that I can turn on.  This is not so for LT.

Thanks!

Lance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: lrlandusky

Hello from France

Please look at this Topic and you will have the solution :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014/ACAD-LT-2014-How-to-turn-off-warning-message-when-lo...

Ready to play with REGEDIT ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
pendean

A bug in LT they need to fix: the posted Windows Registry fix above is the only option right now.
Message 4 of 7
lrlandusky
in reply to: pendean

I'm noticing the Windows 7 registry is different from what was posted in that forum.  Any idea where the SECURELOAD variable resides?  I searched for it and it turns up a folder under the variables folder, but the values in the folder don't look anything like the forum already posted.  I haven't been in the Win 7 registry much at all.  Please look at the attached jpg for the registry values in the SECURELOAD key.

Message 5 of 7
lrlandusky

Okay, I changed the default value of the SECURELOAD variable key to "0" and it works now.  I'd rather have a location for trusted paths.  I'll play with adding paths in there to see if that will work they way they intended it to.

Thanks guys!!

Message 6 of 7
lrlandusky

I added the network folder to the TRUSTEDPATHS key (change the (Default) value to the folder) in the registry and it works fine with the SECURELOAD default value set to 1.  All of my scripts are in that one network folder, so I didn't have to use the semicolon to add more folders.

I've read that mapped network drives are not working in the same way, but I have no trouble with mine listed out as:

\\computer\drawings\cad\AutoCAD Shared Files\Support\Scripts

My "computer" is my server and the rest of the path is all created folders on the server.

Here's the folder structure for my Windows 7 Ultimate registry (v6.1):

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\Variables\TRUSTEDPATHS

The SECURELOAD is just above this key if you just want to blank out the security feature with the default value set to 0.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

The Windows Registry program has a search function under the Edit pulldown menu: have it look up SECURELOAD. There are many, but only one fits the edits noted above.

Remember to back it up before you edit it: select the entry, then under FILE pulldown menu, use the EXPORT option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost