Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles saving an DWG as DXF

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1078 Views, 8 Replies

Troubles saving an DWG as DXF

Hello.

I am recently facing some problems in Autcad lt. 2012. I want to save a DWG as a DXF. More precisly i want to save it in the R12/LT2 dxf format.

But it does not work anymore. The error message basically says "Can not save drawing as /******.dxf. Drawing is saved as /******.tmp" [translated from german ].

It had worked fine for the last two years, but now i can not find a solution for the problem.

Sincerly Lukas

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

First thought would be to shut down and restart CAD.

Second would be to do a cold restart of your Computer then restart CAD.

Thirdly - If that does not clear the issue have you run a Registry Cleaner on your system recently?

Or changed the computer some other way? Window update? New program?

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Where are you saving the file to? Try a different location, like a folder on your own PC for example.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Hello.

Thanks for the quick answers.

@ pendean:

•  I am working on my local  hard disk (C: ) and tried to save the drawing in different folders. The problem remains.

@ Charles_Shade

• Shut down and restart CAD does not fix the problem
  • Restart the computer does not fix the problem.
  • I do not run a regestry cleaner.
  • I DO install every important windows update. So I made some changes to the computer. The thing is i can not give you the exact date i was running the save-as-DXF working routine the last time. It has to be something like 4-6 weeks. In this time frame several windows updates were installed. Do you think the problem is connected to the windows update?

Further information:

The operating system is Windows8 Home Premium (64 Bit).

The save-as-dxf routine is not working for all the DXF-formates, not only the  R12/LT2 format.

I also tried to turn off the anti-virus-program i am running while saving the drawing. It did not work out.

Sincerly

Message 5 of 9
Charles_Shade

Do you have the disk and can do a repair install?

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Bad news first: LT2012 is not supported in Win8, so likely (as of today anyway) never going to be a fix for it.

TMP files are DWG/DXF files: the process AutoCAD needs to rename the TMP file to a DWG/DXF file has been interrupted. Windows is telling you it is restricting the action.
Are you logged in as full admin in Windows? It's not enough to be the only user. perhaps you need to right-click on the ACADLT.EXE file and "run as administrator" to force Windows8 to work with it.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sorry guys,

i messed up the numbers and gave you a wrong information.

My operationg system is Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit). I hope this version is supported. To be honest I did not check that, back when i was buying Autcoad lt.

@Charles_Shade

I have the CD an tried the repair install. It did not fix the problem.

@Pendean

Running Autocad lt as an administrator does not fix the problem. I have no idea why Windows would restrict the action. Any clues?

Sincerly

Message 8 of 9
pendean

You're good with Win7, fully supported.

Share your DWG file, let's all try and export it to a DXF and see what the problem may be. We can at least rule out the file if it is not the culprit.
Message 9 of 9
cesar.martin.junquera

HI! Think i've fixed the problem!!!
I had the same problem trying to save R12 LT2 and DXF files. Last week the program did work, but this week i cant save the file. Strange. The error message shows "Can not save drawing as /******.dxf. Drawing is saved as /******.tmp".

I solved the problem by saving the file in another path that does not contain accents or strange characters. Not the file name, THE FILE PATH must only contain A-Z characters. NOT ACCENTS (sin tildes la ruta!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost