Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble installing button images (icons) for custom commands

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rbrchr61
351 Views, 4 Replies

Trouble installing button images (icons) for custom commands

I recently had to reinstall windows xp and subsequently AutoCad LT 2008. I can't figure out how to get my custom command (icon) button images to show up. I saved a cui and an mnr file before reinstallation and have been able to open the cui file but the custom command button images show up as question marks. I tried putting the mnr file into Acad's custom icon folder but that hasn't worked. I tried deleting the mnr completely but that didn't work either. It seems I need to have the mnr file somehow converted into bitmap images. Does anyone have any ideas? I really hope I don't have to redo all the images I made. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rbrchr61

You forgot to also save those image files from the old setup: LT2008 kept those externally.
No fix unless those were backed up too.

Get in the habit of properly backing up EVERYTHING on a regular basis in the future.
Message 3 of 5
rbrchr61
in reply to: pendean

I assumed wrongly that the cui file (or the mnr) contained the image file information. I guess I'll be redrawing them.
Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 5
pendean

More current versions do a better job at that.
Message 5 of 5
ScottHodges

Just a suggestion, which sometimes worked with older versions: have you tried renaming the old mnr the same as the new mnr (after renaming it first) and adding those to the cui ? I hope that rather simplistic idea made sense

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost