Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimming Blocks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
meb58
3239 Views, 3 Replies

Trimming Blocks

I am fairly new to Autocad.  I began making and using a number of blocks recently.  When I incorporate a pergola block and place a table block under it, I have to trim the portions of table that pass under the pergola members.  The Trim command does not work and I've been playing with various tools on the Insert Ribbon - EBLOCK for example...but nothing works. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I created about 60 blocks and all require trimming under some circumstances.

EDIT  I just used Edit in Place and it nearly works; The table was constructed using the circle command, one chair was constructed but multiple chairs were placed around the table using the Path Array command.  the Trim command worked with Edit block In place but only on the table, not the chairs...which were constructed using the array command.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: meb58

EBLOCK?

Typcically to trim you would need to EXPLODE the block.

Or you could place WIPEOUTS in your Pergola plan that will block what is behind these.

Message 3 of 4
meb58
in reply to: Charles_Shade

EBLOCK - Edit Block. Explode works!!! Thank you very much. I will try wipe out next Michael
Message 4 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: meb58

BE - Block Editor unless someone created an alias for you.

Though why would be a mystery.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost