Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim going wild

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
135 Views, 3 Replies

Trim going wild

Over the past few weeks the TRIM, CHAMFER, HATCH AND FILLET commands have been giving me more and more "lines are non coplanar" messages. It has progressed to the point that the program no longer gives me any messages, it just wont do any of the said commands, they just work once in a while and only if the stars are aligned with whatever.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD/LT is a 3d program, fully aware of a Z elevation setting.

Those commands only work with entities that are all on the same Z
level/setting.

you are either drawing in various Z settings or snapping to entities that
have various Z settings: obviously the more you do the more problems you
cause.

There are many LT friendly solutions around here to flatten your entities
and files, try a search. If you have access to full AutoCAD, that program's
FLATTEN command will do the same as the name implies.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 4
lrlandusky

Use the macro below and create a button. I used the "ucs previous" image as my button since it somewhat resembles what we are doing when we flatten the objects back to the x-y plane.

^C^C_UCS;;_move _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move _all;;0,0,-1e99;;_chprop;_all;;_thickness;0;;^M;

Make sure your UCS is set to world. And DON'T draw off of other people's drawings (from different companies or 3d modelers in your company). Create your own drawing from a template to ensure your settings are correct. You can wblock (or just copy and paste) their info to your sheets if you need, but be sure to flatten everything before you start.

-Lance
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks, that appears to have worked. My friend and Mentor, AutoCAD for dummies, couldn't help me with that problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost