Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Link Data to Object Data

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bhouard
291 Views, 4 Replies

Transfer Link Data to Object Data

Hi,

In my company, they have just upgraded the old version of Autocad LT 2004 to the new 2013 and we have created menu to make our job easy. I have try to transfer the menu file .mnc to 2013 but it's not working or I don't do it the right way.

Could anybody help me with this issue ? Thanks.

Benjamin 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: bhouard

Did you actually transfer using CUI command?
Did you forget to move the image tiles too?
MNS or MNU are what most users use for transfer, not MNC files. Us that all you backed up?
Message 3 of 5
bhouard
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

I have made a printscreen of the files containing the menu. I have tried to use the transfer with the command Tools/Customize/Import customizations in the tab Transfer I have open the DCU.mns. I guess there is more step to do to see my menu ?

Regards.
Benjamin
Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: bhouard

Its a bit more complex than adding additional lines to the MNS.  I would *strongly* recommend researching the CUIx system prior to attempting this.  While its unlikely you will damage anything its possible to do things that will make life much more difficult down the road.

In short, the usual process would be be to convert the old MNS to a CUIx file to be partially loaded to either the Main or Enterprise CUIx.  In some cases you may actually want that old MNS content to be part of the Enterprise.  Either way, once the elements are in the CUIx editor (either directly from the Enterprise or Main, or as part of a partially loaded one) you add those to a workspace.  The active workspace determines which of these elements are shown.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
bhouard
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks. I have managed to get everything working fine. The icons were in another folder. Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost