Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool palettes blocks to insert to snap help

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
640 Views, 6 Replies

tool palettes blocks to insert to snap help

I have tried to search this subject with no luck before I posted this.  We are using LT 2011 and 2012.

My company has cad standards is for everything to be drawn on a snap.  All of our blocks are designed with that in mind.  Now we want to start using tool palettes to insert our blocks.  When we have tested using tool palettes, with the blocks we have made, sometimes the block will drag into the drawing to snap and sometimes it wont.  What are we missing?  I have also read online that tool palettes blocks will not go to snap at all.  We have seen it work (sometimes).

Thanks,

Scott

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried adding a Basepoint Parameter to the Blocks with the Block Editor?

This would force the now Dynamic Block to insert at the point the Parameter has been assigned.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Charles, I will give that a try.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

No Charels, sorry but that did not work.  I just don't understand why Autodesk would make such a great function like Tool Paletts and then not allow the item to be dragged in to some type of snap. Since we draw on a snap and grid, setting up our blocks in Tool Palettes would be a waste of time.  DOES ANYONE USE TOOL PALETTES?

Message 5 of 7
pendean

I'm not sure what your issue is: can you elaborate? I can click on a block in any pallete in 2011/2012/2013 and it activates the INSERT command and I can snap to any point (with SNAP on).

Are you perhaps clicking and dragging a block from the palette? that does not work the same way as noted above and sounds more like what you describe.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Dean, Thank you so much.  You were right.  I was "dragging" the block from the palette.  But when I "click" the block, it does insert to snap in the drawings.  Again, thank you for setting me straight.   As normal, my problems are "operator error" based.  Scott

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Glad it was an easy fix, I could not think of anything else that would cause the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost