Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tmp files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
332 Views, 4 Replies

tmp files

I`am having a problem when saving files to our network drive. Specs: AutoCad-lt 2004 sp1 Windows XP Pro 512 meg mem. NT/Novel network Network drive has 16 gigs free 100mps card Occasionly when I do a save, ACAD will set for about 45secs. then error out with "Error writing/closing file" and Windows xp will pop up with "Windows-Delayed Write Failed" and gives the name of the file. But the name it gives is not the actual name of the file. It may be something like "sav52.tmp" I know all about the temp files that Acad creates and the deletes in the working directory. I have "Create backup files" disabled and also "Auto-Save" disabled. Our IT guy says everything is ok on the network. I guess I need to know what exactly is happening, and what I or the network guys can do to stop this. On occasion this will corrupt my drawings, but I can do a recovery and it`s ok. Any help greatly appreciated! Ron...............
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have no problems saving to your PC, there is no problem with AutoCAD/LT. Try it. Most likely you either don't have write access to the folder in question, or you have exceeded your 'quota-limit' assigned to you by your network administrator. Turn on BAK file creation, turn on AutoSAVE, set ISAVEPERCENT to zero in LT, and ask your network admin to open up all folders for AutoCAD usage, no limits. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Dean.......
Would it help to set the location of the temp files to
my local PC ?
Ron....
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Try it. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Dean.........
Setting the temp files to the local drive helped some.
Our IT Admin. Found a setting that seems to have solved
the problem. The network speed was set to "Auto" He
changed it to 100mps and now my saves are extremly fast
around 7 secs for a 7meg file compared to 30-45 secs
before the change. I have to wait and see if the error still
occurs.
Thank you Dean for all you help!
Ron.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost