Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "previous" command is not functioning

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
architec-tor
296 Views, 5 Replies

The "previous" command is not functioning

I Select an object, then MoveI the object. To avoid selecting the object again, I used to be able to use the Move command again and then "P" (for previous objects) and it would identify ALL the objects from the last selection. This has somehow bocome disabled and I want it back!!

Anyone know how to re-enable the Previous command to include all the previously selected data?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Not sure other than PICKADD being set to 1

From Autodesk Exchange:

Previous

Selects the most recent selection set. The Previous selection set is cleared by operations that delete objects from the drawing.

Note: The Previous selection set is ignored if you switch spaces.

Last item, the Note, was the only one that made sense to me.
New issue?
Message 3 of 6
architec-tor
in reply to: architec-tor

Thanks,

I had pickadd set to 2, but don't understand the difference between 1 and 2 since the Help menu on this topic shows both essentially identical. What is the fundametal difference between 1 and 2?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Read the last sentence in HELP for the 2 setting: that's the difference.

Message 5 of 6
architec-tor
in reply to: pendean

I read the last sentence and it didn't make sense to me. 

"Keeps objects selected after the SELECT command ends."

This sentence makes no sense to me. How can something be "selected" after the command ends? In pther words, it is "implied" that the previously selected data is "remembered" so the next time a command is used (such as move) then that -previously selected- data should -still- be recocgnized so ALL of it doesn't have to be selected when moving it a second time (in succession). Having said that, I see no differnece between variables 1 and 2 because 1 is doing the exact same thing....no? Please explain the difference because this is driving me crazy!

Message 6 of 6
pendean

SELECT is a command: items in caps in HELP and around here when we all type them are command names. It does not say "selected".

I am not responding to your main posted question, I am only following up on your last comment. I cannot replicate your issue at all: Charlie pointed out why a PREVIOUS selection would fail under at least two circumstances, you did not reply to either to confirm or dismiss them. Reread his post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost