Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
232 Views, 9 Replies

Text

The text on all my draiwings is missing and i can't add any text. I am sure this is easy, any help?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using Annotative text styles?

Or are you missing an Xref?

Or are those text layers turned off/frozen?

Or do you need to just ZOOM Extents first?

You provide no feedback on what you've attempted so far, or what your settings are, or whether the problem is limited to one file or ALL files.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I think layers are on, i typed "LAYON" in the command line. I did a zoom extents, why is that an issue? I have no text on all my current drawing files, but if i open a new drawing i can add text to it? I am not sure about "xrefs" or how to address that. Thanks for your response, any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Are you using annotative text styles?
When you open the file, does LT report any problems?

If you INSERT the problem file into a blank new file, does all the text appear?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Ok, this might help. When i double click on the tick mark the text shows in the box?

Message 6 of 10
AcadAdamLT

You need to provide more information when you post a problem, my guess is that you are using annovative textstyle. try using command ANNOALLVISIBILE and set it to 1.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Thanks, i will try that. Sorry about the lack of info, i am pretty green at this and don't really know what to ask. I do thank you and everyone else that has responded with suggestions.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Tried the annoallvisible set to 1, nothing. Still just get / marks that when i double click the test or dimensions show up.

Message 9 of 10
pendean

Can you post an image of these marks?

Message 10 of 10
heinsite

You didn't accidently change the color of the text layer to black by any chance, did you?  That would make it all disappear.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost