Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Script Help (POSSIBLE or NOT ??)

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
424 Views, 12 Replies

Text Script Help (POSSIBLE or NOT ??)

Hi

I am trying to do something that i do not think can be done on CAD so just to check if it can be done im on here.

What it is i would like to do is write a text script on my drawing that only pops up as you hover over it.

Here is an example: I have a drawing of a pipe in AutoCAD LT and i would like to add text scripts of the pipes details i.e thickness or make or what type of material but i would only like it to apear when clicked on just like the photo's on google earth.

if any body can help me with this it would be great!

many thanks

Johnny

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cadwomen
in reply to: Anonymous

No not in LT

anyway if i reight you shoud use P & ID  Smiley Wink

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 3 of 13
bgingerich

Look into BLOCKS, ATTRIBUTES, and the QUICKPROPERTIES PALETTE.

What version of LT do you have BTW?

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 4 of 13
cadwomen
in reply to: bgingerich

@bgingerich

"AutoCAD LT and i would like to add text scripts of the pipes details i.e thickness or make or what type"

on a Line ?

no way in LT

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 5 of 13
bgingerich
in reply to: cadwomen

Granted there is no automatic way of adding those properties, but adding properties (hidden attributes) to blocks can get the OP where he wants to be if he already has LT. 

Now if OP's looking at whether or not they should buy LT for this, then I would agree with you; they should look at other products made specifically for their line of work.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 6 of 13
pendean

>>>... pipes details i.e thickness or make or what type of material...<<<

If I understood your requirement... You might be able to get closer to what you desire with HYPERLINK command (either a a link to a document or website, or a simple description list, or both. Help yourself.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

thanks for the replies.

could anyone tell me which version of AutoCAD would this work on.

also what version of CAD should i be using because as far as i am aware for utilities (water, gas, electric so on) we should be using LT.

may thanks again

Message 8 of 13
pendean

Since your exact need is not quite well defined yet, LT may be sufficient.

AutoCAD MEP (buildings) or AutoCAD Civil 3D (infrastructure) may be the other AutoCAD variants you seek: download the trials and see what fits your need after reading the program descriptions.

Message 9 of 13
cadwomen

nop, forgett it

ACAD PnID

Message 10 of 13
AcadAdamLT

You can also look into Dynamic Blocks, there's alot you can archieve with dynamic blocks.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 11 of 13
cadwomen

i dont know , what you are talk about , he talks about Piping , so scho me exampel how this shoud work

without PnID ? That is how it works all other are Playing around in Kindergarten or show me how you do it.

I like to learn more ....

cw

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The solution that pendean said is good about the hyperlink it works great until I have to send the file as an email then the person cannot open the links as they are in files on my computer.

Is there a way around this?

Many thanks

Message 13 of 13
pendean

Send those files along as well (be careful about pathing issues): or better yet, centrally locate the files for both of you to access (server, or webdav server or website/ftp site a s link etc.).

Remember, a hyperlink is static so it's up to you to find common ground for everyone to be able to use them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost