Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Issues (underscore) _ produces 1/8" ect.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jbuck12345
1613 Views, 5 Replies

Text Issues (underscore) _ produces 1/8" ect.

I've been using this text style given to me by my boss, I'm unsure of the true name of it as far as i know it's called txt. The issue i've having with this is that anytime any of the following symbols is used _ } { > < | ~ ` it changes them to fraction inches like the underscore _ turns into 1/8". We'd like to keep using the same font, but going thru and removing all these fraction's from each drawing is time consuming. Can anyone point me in a direction to either fix this text style so it doesnt produce the fractional inches or know of a version with the same font that doesn't have this issue.

This picture on the left here shows my issue

northern style.png

Where this picture shows what it should come out as

normal.png

I also attached said text files and both pictures. Any help would be appriciated, thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: jbuck12345

Your teeny tiny images look like you aer using some sort of hand-lettering font from back in the day when those contained fractions you triggered with type codes. They are not TXT font file from Autodesk.

Check your STYLE is using the TXT font, then ensure your MTEXT doesn't actually contain an override font (a feature of MTEXT you may be ignoring).

A DWG exhibiting the problem would take the guess work out of it for sure, istead of two teeny tine image files... .
Message 3 of 6
jbuck12345
in reply to: pendean

The first image is how the text should read with the _normal1111.png

This second image is how the text comes in using the STYLE the engineer wants me to use where the _ is coming in as 1/8northern style1.png

I've attached the two image files here as well, which i thought i did in the original post.

Also, I am aware the txt file i attached in my first post isn't the one that is associated with autocadd. It's a text style the engineer i work for has used for the last 15+ years. At some point over the years the original name of this style was changed. We just bought out a new company, the detailers there are complaining that removing all the errors caused by the text changing symbols to fractions is too much time lost.

So what i'm asking is does anyone know what this style was orignally called, or if anyone has or knows of a similar font that doesn't react this way with the symbols?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

In the second image, the fractions are built into the font being used in that MTEXT block. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change it except to get a new font that doesn't have fractions in it but still looks like the letters you want.

One of you is going to have to give, sorry. Nothing in LT will change a font's designed behavior.

Looking at your font through a very old SHX viewer that I have it appears the original name of the font was ARCH_CAD_ES from the year 1986 with built-in fractions in place of the symbols you want.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 6
jbuck12345
in reply to: pendean

Thank you, unfortunately that is the answer i thought i was going to recieve.

Now my other question is does anyone know of a font style that matches my old ARCH FONT CAD/ES? A ran a quick search on the web and found one somewhat similar, but not close enough for the engineers liking, go figure.

archs.png If this style here was bold it would be acceptable. Any suggestions are very welcome at this point. Thank you again

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You're not likely to ever find a perfect match from another vendor/author, sorry.

For SHX fonts, you can set the pen weight to a heavier pen for a more bold output: for TTF fonts you can use the BOLD feature in MTEXT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost