Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary freezing / not responding during regens

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
designo614
562 Views, 5 Replies

temporary freezing / not responding during regens

The issue is temporary freezing leading to "not responding" during regens. The files I notice this as being the greatest problem have multiple paper space tabs for different drawing sheets with a shared base drawing Xref in model space. Switching between tabs, or between any paper space tab and model space, triggers a long regen that freezes, and will only continue if after a few seconds I pick a point on the screen, sending it to "not responding" mode, and then it will likely recover in 10-15 seconds. However, If I do not pick a screen point at some time, it will just remain frozen.

I am running LT 2010 on a laptop, we have a server environment but each installation of AutoCAD is stand-alone and does not reference the server for anything except shared pen tables, plot styles, etc. My laptop has over 150 GB free space on the drive.

Is there a memory cache setting somewhere that I might need to expand, or something similar? This seems to happen predominately with multiple-tabs in paper space, which I like to use when possible.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: designo614

Post your OS and addtional hardware specs.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 6
designo614

Vista Business Edition, 32 bit OS
2.0 GB memory
Intel Core Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20 Ghz
Message 4 of 6
designo614

I see now that it seems not to have anything to do with the number of paper space tabs, either. I have separated each tab into its own drawing file and the issue still occurs when toggling between paper and model.
Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

You should hear from some others here but I suspect that your machine is lite in specs for LT. I believe Vista wants the 2 gigs of RAM that you have leaving nothing for LT.
Double it if you can.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Laptop: does that mean everyone with a desktop does not have your problem?
Is that the only unique thing you do to access files?

Windows, not AutoCAD, is timing out trying to "ping" and access each of your
files, so that access is choked by either a wireless connection or something
unique you are doing perhaps.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost