Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking autocad lt off of one computer and installing it on another.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sechwayn1
4111 Views, 7 Replies

Taking autocad lt off of one computer and installing it on another.

Hi, I haven't address this forum before, I have a desktop that I have AutoCAD LT (2008) on, and I want to take it off and put it on a laptop so I can take it with me and use when I need.

I think I need to delete it off the desktop and install the disk with the autocad lt 2008.  I think that's all I really have to do, but I would like some advice and make sure that if I deleted off ,I wouldn't be making a mistake.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
may.anne.ruiz
in reply to: sechwayn1

Yes you can transfer a standalone product from one machine to another. Here is how you can do it : http://autode.sk/Ussa5c Please note that you would need to have AutoCad 2008 installed on the laptop as well before you transfer the license from the personal computer. You can only use the license on one machine at a given time. If you will be transferring the license to a machine with Windows 7 OS, please check this informatio as well :http://autode.sk/12ExzJ7.
Message 3 of 8
pendean

Install and reauthorized LT on the new PC, then once it is all working you can remove it from the old PC. Simplest and fastest way to do it.
Message 4 of 8
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: pendean

Let me share my issue. My old PC decided to go to lunch and not come back, so I bought a new one -- took the plunge and got a 64-bit version. When I went to activate my software, I got blank white dialog boxes -- one with two radio buttons and that was all. Being on subscription, I put in a technical request (including the fact I can't access the old PC to export the license), and then followed all of the suggestions that were applicable, from their article. I rolled back to IE8 and it didn't work. I changed all of the internet permissions to allow Active-X and javascripts, and that didn't work. I  checked the properties of the white boxes, put their address info into the address bar, and that sort-of worked (but not really) after I also pasted the one line of text into each RT file they directed me to. Still, it only ended up taking me round-trip right back to either the same white boxes or the Try/Activate screen (which itself would lead back to the white boxes).

After some back and forth with some autodesk individuals, I was told they did indeed show my product(s) as being activated for my new computer, but the file that is supposed to contain my activation code is just not on my computer, and my software still shows it is in the trial phase instead of activated. and that is where I stand with that whole mess right now. Has anyone had the same issues? Have you found a resolution I might not have tried yet?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 5 of 8
pendean

Consider posting all this, plus your secondary added information, in this forum instead:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24
It's a holiday week for many at Autodesk, so a final resolution may not be available until next week.
Message 6 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

For more information on this known Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article, please follow this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

Additional discussion about this issue can be found here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Blank-Activation-Screen/td-p/2862508

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks but those two were the ones autodesk sent me to and I tried it all. Right now they want me to call for a code and enter it maually, so I'll let y'all know if it worked or not...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 8 of 8
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Update. Called the 1-800 number, got a new code, and all appears to be working 🙂

Am now celebrating with ribs from Liborio's in Tampa 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost