Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbols 2000

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jmass
507 Views, 7 Replies

Symbols 2000

My computer has been upgraded to windows 7 (64 bit) and I could not down load the symbols 2000 software that I was using before. How can I get around purchasing the newer version of autocad lt. I have  Autocad LT 2008 which is fine for me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jmass

Don't have that old disk handy?

Message 3 of 8
jmass
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have the disc. My IT guy says It's just not compatable. 

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

Have you tried installing it in Win 98 emulation? (If that is available)

Message 5 of 8
Irish2

Install a second hard drive with Windows XP, or whatever, on it and create a dual boot setup. Your IT guy can fill in the blanks for you.

Message 6 of 8
jmass
in reply to: Irish2

Hello,  this is the IT Guy.  Thank you for those suggestions and I will look into them.  Are you aware of a software package offered by Autodesk that is similar to AutoCAD 2008LT with the Symbols 2000 add-in?

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Symbols2000 died and went away when Autodesk made all of those blocks freely available on the internet through ADCENTER command's DCONLINE tab inside AutoCAD/LT way before LT2008 showed up.

All you need is a live internet connection on the PC with LT2008.

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

And the current software available is LT 2012 but that may change to LT 2013 in the short term.

ADCENTER will be a little clunky to download what you want so build a Library of what you use and don't worry about it again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost