Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superseding AutoCAD LT with AutoCAD LT Suite

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
PaulMunford
648 Views, 9 Replies

Superseding AutoCAD LT with AutoCAD LT Suite

I have recently Installed AutoCAD LT 2013 on a number of machines at work, incluiding creating Autodesk 'one login' ID's for the users.

We have purchased some new seats of AutoCAD LT, and recived a free upgrade to AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite (Which was nice!).

Now I would like to remove the 'Vanilla' AutoCAD LT from some machines and replace it with AutoCAD Inventor LT suite.

My question is - What is the easist way to do this?

Do I need to do a full uninstall - reinstall?

Can I Instal LT Suite as an upgrade and just switch the licesce codes?

Is there anything specific I need to do with the users Autodesk 'one login' account?

Any advice you can give will be most welcome.

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
camilo.lemos
in reply to: PaulMunford

Hi Paul,

Let me start with your One Login/Single Sign On question: unless your new suites are registered to a specific user other than yourself, you will not need to change anything on your users' One Login/Single Sign On accounts.

Regarding the activation and upgrade process, the "cleanest" way to do this would be to fully uninstall AutoCAD LT and install and activate the full suite. You could leave your current installation of AutoCAD LT as it is and just install the Inventor LT component of the suite but, speaking from experience with activations, this could potentially lead to confusion in the future as to what serial number and product key was used to activate each programme.

Let me know if you have any more questions:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 10

As with all the Suite should be stand alone programs.

Message 4 of 10
pendean
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Camilo, wouldn't you just change the serial number inside the installed LT-seats to the new serial number, instead of the long-winded uninstall just to reinstall? AFAIK AutoCAD LT and Inventor LT are not connected to each other, they just show up in the same purchased bundle (kind of like buying fruit cocktail, same can, different fruit).

Message 5 of 10
camilo.lemos
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean, thank you for the valuable input as always!

Just confirmed with one of our activations crew members that, while you would be able to change the serial number, the Product Key cannot easily be changed (and LT in the suite and the vanilla one have different Product Keys). While .pit file contains all applicable Product Keys, and AutoCAD LT may function after the serial number has been changed and Inventor LT has been activated, our activations team member fears this may bring problems in future License transfer attempts. Therefore, his suggestion remains to uninstall and re-install the program as it doesn't take long and is a safer bet:)

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 6 of 10
pendean
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Good info, thanks for checking it.

Message 7 of 10
PaulMunford

Thanks team!

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 8 of 10
CuriousYellow

I hope I'm in the ballpark posting this question in this thread...

I've got a standalone license of AutoCAD LT 2012.  I will be buying Inventor LT and am looking at the LT suite.  How do I do this?  Is it considered an upgrade or a standalone to go to the suite?

Thank you in advance!

Message 9 of 10

Standalone. Once you get the Suite to upgrade you need to upgrade the Suite or buy another seat of LT and start over.

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: CuriousYellow

Inventor LT is a standalone. You buy it full price.

The LT Suite is a package/bundle deal: if you buy it at full price, it's always upgeradeable as a bundle, not individual software pieces. The two software are together, never separate.

If you buy the bundle with a teaser 'upgrade' special pricing from LT2012, you will lose the LT2012 as it's own seat but gain Inventor LT and LT2014 together. The bundle can only be used by one person as the bundle is considered one license.

If you buy the bundle at full price, your LT 2012 remains intact, you can upgrade it separately, you can put it on someone else' PC to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost