Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student version upgrade to full version

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
eallen
6267 Views, 6 Replies

Student version upgrade to full version

I have an XP PC that had Student ACad 2010 Lt.

I uninstalled it and installed a full version of ACad 2010Lt.

When I print a drawing created on a different machine, I get a student water mark on the drawing. 

If I create a new drawning I get a message about the water mark will be attached to the drawing, and it displays on the print.

I have gone throught the manual remove prcedure "How to remove all Autodesk software products from a system to ensure a clean install".  Removing folders and Registry entrys.

When I reinstall the Full version of ACad 2010Lt, I get the same problem.

Any thoughts on how to get the student version off this PC.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: eallen

Delete All the drawings you did whilst you used the Student version. The plot stamp is hardwired into them.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
eallen
in reply to: hwalker

I deleted all drawings on the PC.

Before I did the manual removal.

Did not help

Thank you

Ed

Message 4 of 7
pendean

You did not need to uninstall the student version: just change the license number and it would be reauthorized as a full version.

The stamp exists in drawing files (and template files) you created with the EDU version: so, what is the source of your "new" drawing?

Message 5 of 7
eallen
in reply to: pendean

When I print a drawing created on a different PC it has the water mark.

When I open ACad 2010 LT it gives me a mesage "The drawing file being opened was not created by an Education Version of AutoCAD LT. If you save the drawing, it will display the following banner when plotted."

This is when I open the program.

Thank you.

Ed

Message 6 of 7
pendean

You are still running the EDU version: check your license/serial number by typing ABOUT at the command line and compare.

If needed, Click on Product Information and update your Serial number to the new one. Activate the license.

Message 7 of 7
Charles_Shade

Did you save or use any Blocks drawings created with that Student Version?

These will muck you up as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost