Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

structural analysis software

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
madcowscarnival
297 Views, 2 Replies

structural analysis software

I realize this is not the proper forum for this question, but there are contributors on here who's answers and insights have been very helpful.

I am trying to find a software package that would allow me to model lightweight steel structures; agricultural style barns (up to 60x100) constructed of bar trusses and columns.  I can do hand analysis, but for multiple buildings per month, it would be too time consuming.  I prefer something more user friendly than finite element analysis, that would produce a quality analysis report.  Anybody have any experience with a package they would recommend?  I have read some through the Revit summary, but it focuses more on the maximum potential of the program and doesn't describe the minimum level it will perform at; I will never be designing a mutli-story steel stadium or warehouse or office park, etc.

As always, any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

An engineer that I work with suggested to me to look into stair detailing. Sez there is niche that needs to be filled as there are too few great drafters doing that work.

I spoke with a local steel shop here and my contact suggested SSDCP products for steel detailing.

Maybe something there that will fit your bill.

Message 3 of 3
Irish2
in reply to: madcowscarnival

You could also try "Tekla". It is one of the bigger names in steel detailing. You can also get a demo for trying out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost