AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
madcowscarnival
Message 1 of 3 (132 Views)

structural analysis software

132 Views, 2 Replies
01-21-2013 12:30 PM

I realize this is not the proper forum for this question, but there are contributors on here who's answers and insights have been very helpful.

I am trying to find a software package that would allow me to model lightweight steel structures; agricultural style barns (up to 60x100) constructed of bar trusses and columns.  I can do hand analysis, but for multiple buildings per month, it would be too time consuming.  I prefer something more user friendly than finite element analysis, that would produce a quality analysis report.  Anybody have any experience with a package they would recommend?  I have read some through the Revit summary, but it focuses more on the maximum potential of the program and doesn't describe the minimum level it will perform at; I will never be designing a mutli-story steel stadium or warehouse or office park, etc.

As always, any help is appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: structural analysis software

01-21-2013 03:13 PM in reply to: madcowscarnival

An engineer that I work with suggested to me to look into stair detailing. Sez there is niche that needs to be filled as there are too few great drafters doing that work.

I spoke with a local steel shop here and my contact suggested SSDCP products for steel detailing.

Maybe something there that will fit your bill.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Contributor
Irish2
Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: structural analysis software

01-21-2013 05:44 PM in reply to: madcowscarnival

You could also try "Tekla". It is one of the bigger names in steel detailing. You can also get a demo for trying out.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.