AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
madcowscarnival
Message 1 of 3 (130 Views)

structural analysis software

130 Views, 2 Replies
01-21-2013 12:30 PM

I realize this is not the proper forum for this question, but there are contributors on here who's answers and insights have been very helpful.

I am trying to find a software package that would allow me to model lightweight steel structures; agricultural style barns (up to 60x100) constructed of bar trusses and columns.  I can do hand analysis, but for multiple buildings per month, it would be too time consuming.  I prefer something more user friendly than finite element analysis, that would produce a quality analysis report.  Anybody have any experience with a package they would recommend?  I have read some through the Revit summary, but it focuses more on the maximum potential of the program and doesn't describe the minimum level it will perform at; I will never be designing a mutli-story steel stadium or warehouse or office park, etc.

As always, any help is appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: structural analysis software

01-21-2013 03:13 PM in reply to: madcowscarnival

An engineer that I work with suggested to me to look into stair detailing. Sez there is niche that needs to be filled as there are too few great drafters doing that work.

I spoke with a local steel shop here and my contact suggested SSDCP products for steel detailing.

Maybe something there that will fit your bill.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Contributor
Irish2
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: structural analysis software

01-21-2013 05:44 PM in reply to: madcowscarnival

You could also try "Tekla". It is one of the bigger names in steel detailing. You can also get a demo for trying out.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.