Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch line by x distance using grips & command line only. [LT2011]

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
T.Ellis
4431 Views, 10 Replies

Stretch line by x distance using grips & command line only. [LT2011]

For months now i've been stretching individual polylines like so:

1. Pick a grip (either end of pline)
  2. drag in direction i intend to stretch
  3. type the distance i intend to stretch by (automatically entered into commandline)
  4. end the command (enter or space)

Until today this was working with dynamic input off. There's been no program update or change of settings to stop this from happening but somehow it has stopped.

Doing the actions described above now only changes the overall length of the line.

Interestingly if i undock the command line window from the bottom of screen and leave it floating, the stretch behaviour returns to normal as before the issue began. When i re-dock or close the commandline window the issue returns. Having the window floating however slows down the input commands of all actions (possible a computer incompatibility there).

So far i've only returned the behaviour to my preferred state by turning dynamic input back on again and setting only the "length change" input field to display.

I'd really like it to be the way it used to be as described in steps 1-4. It was so fast! 🙂

I've scoured the forums on this one and I'm stumped! 

Does anyone have any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: T.Ellis

Just as a test Restore your Computer to Tuesday. (Maybe that leep day left a legacy.)

I am wondering if there is something that changed in AutoCAD. Registry Cleaner ran perhaps.

Here it makes the overall length of the line the total distance typed. If 5 units and I grab the grip as you describe and type 10 the line is now 10 units long not 15.

DYNMODE = 3 and Command line is docked.

Message 3 of 11
pendean

By chance is the problem in one file, or a few files, but not say in a NEW file?

Message 4 of 11
T.Ellis
in reply to: pendean

Restored system to Mon Feb 27.

No change.

It happens regardless of the opened file or even a "Qnew" dwg.

With dynamic input off when I open a saved drawing (recent and old), the very first stretch performed in the drawing works fine (distanced relative to the grip picked). All subsequent stretches work only to alter the overall line length using the length I put into the command line.

DYNMODE=0 is currently set.

DYNMODE=2 with only "length change" field visible gives me the desired behavior, but in the past this behavior was achieved with dynamic input turned off. I just can't figure out how I managed that before.

Message 5 of 11
Charles_Shade

Try DYNMODE = 2 if this is giving you what you want

And DYNPROMPT = 0 this should suppress the Dyn text.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Message 6 of 11
T.Ellis
in reply to: Charles_Shade

DYNPROMPT is already =0.

DYNMODE=2 displays the tracking lines and the input field that changes dynamically as i drag the grip around.

But there must be a way to supress the tracking lines and the dynamic field beside the crosshair as that was how it was for months. I never saw those items on screen but i had the same functionality. Each time i typed a distance after picking a grip, there was no dynamic text field and my typed distance automatically went into the command line.

I hope it wasn't malfunctioning all this time and i was enjoing a temporary fault.

Message 7 of 11
Charles_Shade

Any of this do anything for you?

ScreenShot001.jpg

Message 8 of 11
pendean

QNEW can be set to call a template file: so if the problem is a file setting, that would do little to change.

By chance do you have the same problem if you draw a LINE or MOVE objects using the same method?
What if, aftger you grip, you right-click and select a STRETCH function, does it repeat the problem?

What are your POINTER INPUT SETTINGS options?

What is your ONSAPCOORD variable setting? 2 is the default set out-of-the-box.

Message 9 of 11
Charles_Shade

I think we have reached the point where we are throwing whatever obscure System Variable we can find out there.

It would be hard to believe that the OP hit on some magical selection of these and then somehow flipped one off accidentally.

Though I have seen stranger things happpen.

Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Just trying to recreate the problem and I can't so far.

Message 11 of 11
pendean

I believe it's drawing specific, if the OP can share a sample file with the problem we can at least see it in action.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost