Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stationing for 2D lines

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Boyd_Huggins
3652 Views, 6 Replies

Stationing for 2D lines

I'm using ACAD LT 2014 and need to add stationing to lines.  Is there a functionality for creating an alignment and stationing in LT or will it require an upgrade to ACAD  or ACAD 3D?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Stationing? New term for me.

2D survey information or elevations perhaps?

ACAD Full is 3D capable

Message 3 of 7
Boyd_Huggins
in reply to: Boyd_Huggins

Sorry - using to my own terminology.    Station labels 1+00, 2+00, etc. along an alignment.

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Boyd_Huggins

TEXT command perhaps: to 'align' you could use DIVIDE or MEASURE commands with the text as a block first, then explode the blocks and edit each manually.

AutoCAD is the same way: 'upgrading' only gets you access to the ability to write your own programming code to automate the process with Lisp, VBA and other languages.
Message 5 of 7

Creating an Attributed Block might speed that ip a bit.

I do much the same thing for my wife on the pond plans she designs.

Message 6 of 7

I believe alignments and stationing are Civil 3D features. If you're doing a lot of infrastructure design you might want to check it out instead of LT.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 7 of 7
jasbaker5YLNW
in reply to: pendean

Civil 3D gives you the ability to create an alignment as well as a label style to automatically generate the stations. You can also create a viewport group that automatically runs along the alignment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost