Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some xref plotting nicely, some in same drawing - yucko

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
draftinggreen
336 Views, 11 Replies

Some xref plotting nicely, some in same drawing - yucko

Hi, as indicated above drawing in the source file plots appropriately, two xrefs also plot as expected. One xref'd drawing  will not behave, no line weights reconized at all, at all.  Using ctb that works fine usually. I can't see any differences in plotting variables between source and xref. Moved the xref to a pspace window that works well with a similar drawing - no difference. So I assume there must be something about that xref... but what?

Any suggestions of areas to check would be massivley appreciated. I haven't had this kind of problem for years, I'm supposed to be a professional dammit.

Acadlt 2015 by the way.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
bob_mpc
in reply to: draftinggreen

As a first step, I'd suggest to try to RECOVER the xref.

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 3 of 12
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: bob_mpc

I'm checking to see if recovering the file helped? It does sound like an issue with just that one file. I'll put a link below to an article that discusses how to repair corrupt files:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/AutoCAD-File-Corruption

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Shawn Niles
Message 4 of 12
draftinggreen
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Hey Shawn, thanks for the suggestion, no luck however. It seems to be just the same. My next thought was to reconstruct the drawing but the list of steps in the corruption link are more thourough than I have used before, that will probably do it. I was hoping to avoid all that work and also understand what was causing it, which I probably won't know if I strip down the drawing and rebuild it.

Message 5 of 12
Shawn_Niles

Are you able to post the file here? I'm happy to take a look at it and see if anything stands out.

Shawn Niles
Message 6 of 12
draftinggreen

paste the dwg file here?
Message 7 of 12
Shawn_Niles

If it's not something that needs to be private, then yes, posting here is good as it gives many different people a chance to investigate. If it can't be shared publicly, let me know and I'll reach out to you directly.

Shawn Niles
Message 8 of 12
draftinggreen

Nope nothing secret.   Just a simple as-built building elevation.

Message 9 of 12
bob_mpc

Printed properly here.

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 10 of 12
pendean

You did not include your DZ4.CTB nor a container file where this "xref" causes issues described in your first post.

The file's paperspace tab where it opened is also set to plot to "adobe PDF": your issue may just be your Acrobat Reader settings and little else.
Message 11 of 12
bob_mpc
in reply to: pendean

Maybe I should give some more details:

I attached the drawing into new empty drawing and it plotted ok with "DWG to PDF" printer

Of course, in colour - the CTB is not available.

Is is possible that the layer in which the XREF is attached is set to "no-plot"? I have done this smart thing myself

Attached - the new drawing with the xref

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 12 of 12
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: bob_mpc

I did some cleanup to the original file you sent in. Could you try using this file and see if it gives you better results?

Shawn Niles

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost