Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some LT help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Padave
202 Views, 2 Replies

some LT help

i am at a new job and they use Autocad LT 2004 i have never used LT always was the full blown version so i am still trying to figure out the differences between the LT and reg. Autocad. but at the moment i have two concerns one being, my boss comes from the old school of board drafting and he doesn't like the Center line linetype from OTB so he wants me to "fix" it so i went into the .lin file and created one but now i have to change the ltscale on that particular line 4.8 to get it the scale its needs to be, how do i change in the .lin file instead so its right everytime. i noticed there are (2x) and (.5X) behind some of the OTB linetypes so i tried (x4.8) didnt work, made it smaller.

and the second issue is how to convert a .dwg into a .pat because there again he does not like OTB hatch patterns...

thank you

Dave
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Padave

HELP does a good job explaining how to control the lengths of the dashes, if
that is what you mean. Under Customization>Linetypes

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 3
Modman_4
in reply to: Padave

I say get your boss to buy you the Impression LT/AutoCAD LT 2010 suite, which until sometime in January you can get for around $895 (more with a subscription included). Then you can take advantage of the improved ability of seeing linetypes at the proper scale in modelspace, that you would see them in a paperspace viewport -- all without having to make custom linetypes or overriding the standard ones. They made this improvement in 2008...

As for the hatches, the help section does include info on how to create your custom ones. It's very simple, each part is a line of text in a notepad document (just save with the .pat extension). All you are doing is telling it which direction you want to draw your line, how long to hold the pen down, how long to hold the pen up, and where to move the pen to in order to create the next (parallel) copy. A hatch definition might be one line like that, or several lines of code (for lines going in many directions). Experiment and have fun, then wow your boss with that fieldstone foundation infill in an elevation drawing. Good luck!
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost