Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snookered by Linetype scale

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
david.rosen
969 Views, 3 Replies

Snookered by Linetype scale

The BATTEN linetipe is being used in AutoCAD 2013 to set the width of the insulation. At 3/8" scale, 0.15 scale makes it about 3-1/2" wide. This is drawing in an external reference. when inserted into a sheet drawing where all the notations and dimensions are placed, the BATTEN line is wider. There is nothing to adjust because it exists in the external reference. When the xref is opened the line looks just fine. It's just "fatter" in the sheet drawing file.

See attachments

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: david.rosen

BATTING linetype is bordering on the useless when you use more than one scale in an entire file's life. AFAIK the fix is to mess with it in the original file so it looks wrong there but correct in your top file: change it's object linetype scale in PROPERTIES.

BTW, I haven't heard "snookered" in over 20years, nice to know it's alive and well 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: pendean

Batting is one of those that won't work with other linetypes, in the annotative sense. You have to think of it in the old fashioned way, with one copy (and layer) for each scale you wish to represent it in. An alternative I did was to create a hatch for this, where setting the hatch scale corresponded to the width of the cavity....

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost