Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

side by side configuration incorrect

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
machinist63
1289 Views, 4 Replies

side by side configuration incorrect

I just installed AutoCAD LT 2008 on another computer, it did fine for a couple of days then I received an error. Application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect see event log for further details. This is a "fresh" computer with vista, but since it ran okay a few days, I don't think that is a factor. I am not running another version on it, though I did intall this upgrade without first putting my 2006 on it, but if that was the case, why did it run a few days? How do I access the event log?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: machinist63

Vista, like XP, has a system restore feature, try that. Something changed on
your PC (added or deleted, or "updated"), find out and remove it if
possible.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 5
machinist63

Thanks, I tried that to no avail, I guess I will uninstall AutoCAD and try it again.
Message 4 of 5

Hi, I have exactly the same error, the only difference is that I'm running ACAD2014, on a windows 8 machine, it all went fine, until I updated from windows 8 to windows 8.1.

Please help.

Claudio.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Win 8.1 is not currently approved for use: no real for for LT right now except to properly install win 8.1 (reformat your HD and reinstall all apps), or roll back to Win8.
Some users have had luck properly removing LT as posted by autodesk, restarting Windows, using a Windows Registry Cleaner then reinstall LT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost