Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHX Files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joeroscia
3855 Views, 4 Replies

SHX Files

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2012 and would like to download and open some GIS shx files to create an existing conditions plan for a parcel of land.  I downloaded a shx file from my state GIS website but I don't know how to import it into ACAD LT.  Is it even possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
heinsite
in reply to: joeroscia

With just AutoCAD LT alone you can't.  You would need either AutoCAD Map or Civil 3D or the discontinued version of Land Desktop to do this directly within an Autodesk product.

But you can find programs that will allow you to convert the shape file to a dwg or dwf that you can import into LT.  As an example look for Arcv2CAD and see if that solves your problem.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: joeroscia

Excuse my ignorance if I do not understand the SHX extention being discussed here.

Is this not a Font file? A typical AutoCAD SHX Font file?

If so place it in the LT Font Folder you will find under C\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012\Fonts

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

SHP and SHX can also be shape/3D/Contour files, not just font files. LT cannot open non-font SHX files.

Message 5 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

That's what I was wondering. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost