Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheet sets

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
devries99
460 Views, 5 Replies

sheet sets

I have never used sheet sets. I recently signed a two year contract with a company to do as-built redlines. In mid 2015 the company wants to use sheet sets. All of their plans are in model space and the title blocks have no attributes; just lines and text. No paper space at all. 

My thinking is that I need to create a title block with attributes in paper space and use it and have the floorplans in model space.  Is this correct?

My boss is under the impression if the drawings were in a sheet set and someone wants to delete say sheet 54 of 202 the sheet set manager will magicly renumber all sheets from 55 to 202 and change the "of 202" to "of 201" on all drawings. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Penny 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: devries99

Welcome to the Forums

You are correct. Sheets sets do need Paperspaces (Layouts) to work.

No the sheet sets will not magically renumber themselves. You will have to change the information yourself unless you have field codes set up in the drawings

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
devries99
in reply to: hwalker

Thank  you Hwalker for  your reply. 

Another quick question or 2 - Have difficult is it to set up field codes? and 2) Can someone with TrueView "view" a sheet set?

Thank you Penny

Message 4 of 6
hwalker

Field codes are easy to set up. Just click on INSERT and then FIELD. And then under FIELD CATEGORY you will find SHEETSET.

I do not use sheets sets myself so I cannot tell you if they work in Trueview

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle

OP you may want to search this site for a treatise entitled Sheets Happen, by Heidi Hewett...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost