Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scan to dwg converting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
terjehal
20636 Views, 4 Replies

scan to dwg converting

Hi,

I have som old drawings of my house in paper. It is not possible to get the orignals on file.

Is there a way to scan and convert the drawings into DWG files?

I am planning a rebuid of the house, and have started the process of making new drawings. It is a bit tedious to draw to hole house again as long as I have the originals on paper, and I own a scanner... Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: terjehal

There are alot of PDF to DWG programs out there, you can google around and look at reviews to find the best.

http://www.aidecad.com/pdf-to-dwg-converter.html?gclid=CP-i9s3NibkCFah8cAodn3EA1A

Aide pdf to Dwg converter is one I use, it works better then any other I've tried but the list of other PDF to DWG's I've tried ain't very long.

Good luck!

And ofcourse, Welcome to the forums!

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 5
pendean

Note: the cleaner and 'crisper' the PDF output the better the translation. But it's still a translation from a scaled drawn image to a very precise CAD format: you will spend some time making adjustments.
Message 4 of 5
terjehal
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your replies.

I am aware that theres som adjustments I need to do to get i right, but I think it is less time consuming than drawing the hole house from scratch... Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
autocad

Yes, use a raster to vector converter.

Scan your drawings at a reasonable resolution (i.e. a high enough dpi to clearly make out the relevant detail, but not at so high a resolution that the image file is massive).

The load your image into a converter like Wintopo (there's a free version), click the vectorize button, and save as dxf.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost