Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling in hatch feature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dn
Participant
413 Views, 5 Replies

Scaling in hatch feature

I am working on a drawing that started life as a dxf file from a client.  I am having problems with the scale of hatching in that whilst I might normally do a line hatch at a scale of 25 to get the same spacing I now have to set the scale to 650.

Initially I had a problem that the scaling in viewports was also wrong but I sorted that one out but I cannot find how to reset the hatch scale to my normal setting.

I am also finding that when hatching it seems to find gaps in lines that it would not normally do.  Even after I have filleted all the corners the hatch still in some cases 'spills out'.

The measuring and dimensioning tools are all working correctly and show the correct figures.

Any views please?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: dn

Sounds like a Metric to Imperial issue.

Are you sure you are using Imperial Hatches?

Message 3 of 6
dn
Participant
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Everything seems to be set as metric but is there a separate setting for hatching that I have not found yet?

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

MEASUREMENT and MEASUREINIT are the two variable you may be looking for.

Make sure these are set for your drawing type.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 6
dn
Participant
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles

Thanks for that, it has resolved the problem in hatching.  Is there a similar fix for line scaling as the same situation occurs for non-continuous lines and that is still the same.

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

MEASUREINIT

Open up Autodesk Exchange and read about these two Variables.

As well as expanding the additional Variables and Command trees at the bottom of the Help pages.

There is additional information there about setting up you drawing for a particular Standardization.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost