Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a licensed LT AND student version on same machine??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
miles.williams
263 Views, 4 Replies

Running a licensed LT AND student version on same machine??

Is it possible to have both a licensed version of 2013LT and a student version on the same machine? Reason being, I have a laptop that is owned by the company I work for with 2013LT on it BUT next semeter at TAFE I am doing 3D which LT doesn't support so I need to get a student version but I can't use the student version for my work so I can't remove LT.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: miles.williams

i wouldn't recommend it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: DarrenP

Yeah don't do it.

You'll be doing your student work and create a really good block/something needed for your work and think to yourself "Hey. I'll put this in one of my work drawings"

Next thing you know your work drawing will have a label on it stating "This was created by a student version of Autocad". I don't know the exact wording.

And it will do that to any drawing with something created from a student version of Autocad in.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 5

OK.  Thank you.....

But it is possible to have both versions of the software installed?

I will only be using the student version for anything 3d and we don't do 3d at work so it is unlikely that i will come across the abovementioned problem. I guess I will just have to be extra careful with what i am doing and try not to mix work created with different versions..

Are there any other reasons why? I am getting a new desktop in August but until then I NEED a version I can do 3d on so I am really stuck with no other option if it is possible to do it I will have to..

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: miles.williams

Yes you can.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost