AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Valued Contributor
79 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 5

Rotating Multiple Objects - Each Around Own Center

4129 Views, 4 Replies
04-11-2004 07:46 PM
I have a drawing with many structures and each labeled with a separate MTEXT. I rotated the drawing, and of course, all the MTEXTs ended up upside down. Now I'd like to rotate them all 180 deg around each MTEXT's center. Is there a way to rotate multiple objects - each being rotated around it own center?

Thanks.
*Tracy W. Lincoln
Post 2 of 5

Re: Rotating Multiple Objects - Each Around Own Center

04-11-2004 09:01 PM in reply to: David Charles
You can do this a few ways... Assuming that your PICKFIRST is set to 1 and the Text/MText is all Middle or Middle-Center justified then this is fairly easy. Have the Properties Dialog box open (CTRL+1) Select the Text/MText (or select all, and use the little pulldown at the top to only select the Text objects) and then change the rotation to 180. -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements "David Charles" wrote in message news:64323.1081738006476.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a drawing with many structures and each labeled with a separate MTEXT. I rotated the drawing, and of course, all the MTEXTs ended up upside down. Now I'd like to rotate them all 180 deg around each MTEXT's center. Is there a way to rotate multiple objects - each being rotated around it own center? > > Thanks.
Valued Contributor
79 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 5

04-11-2004 10:46 PM in reply to: David Charles
Thanks, Tracy. This support is priceless.
*Tracy W. Lincoln
Post 4 of 5

04-12-2004 04:41 AM in reply to: David Charles
You're welcome. -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements "David Charles" wrote in message news:17944801.1081748843815.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks, Tracy. This support is priceless.
Distinguished Contributor
135 Posts
1 Kudo
Post 5 of 5

04-12-2004 09:50 AM in reply to: David Charles
Making blocks of things can be handy also in rotating objects sround themselves in bulk. Selecting multiple blocks and changing the rotation angle on them in the prop dialog (similar to how you're adjusting the text here) will rotate those blocks around their insert point to the angle you are inputting.

Point is, having the fore-sight to make blocks of as many repetitive objects first amongst other benefits allows you to make these types of adjustments as well.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!