Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating Multiple Objects - Each Around Own Center

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
David Charles
43291 Views, 6 Replies

Rotating Multiple Objects - Each Around Own Center

I have a drawing with many structures and each labeled with a separate MTEXT. I rotated the drawing, and of course, all the MTEXTs ended up upside down. Now I'd like to rotate them all 180 deg around each MTEXT's center. Is there a way to rotate multiple objects - each being rotated around it own center?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: David Charles

You can do this a few ways... Assuming that your PICKFIRST is set to 1 and the Text/MText is all Middle or Middle-Center justified then this is fairly easy. Have the Properties Dialog box open (CTRL+1) Select the Text/MText (or select all, and use the little pulldown at the top to only select the Text objects) and then change the rotation to 180. -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements "David Charles" wrote in message news:64323.1081738006476.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a drawing with many structures and each labeled with a separate MTEXT. I rotated the drawing, and of course, all the MTEXTs ended up upside down. Now I'd like to rotate them all 180 deg around each MTEXT's center. Is there a way to rotate multiple objects - each being rotated around it own center? > > Thanks.
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, Tracy. This support is priceless.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

You're welcome. -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements "David Charles" wrote in message news:17944801.1081748843815.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks, Tracy. This support is priceless.
Message 5 of 7
felipe

Making blocks of things can be handy also in rotating objects sround themselves in bulk. Selecting multiple blocks and changing the rotation angle on them in the prop dialog (similar to how you're adjusting the text here) will rotate those blocks around their insert point to the angle you are inputting.

Point is, having the fore-sight to make blocks of as many repetitive objects first amongst other benefits allows you to make these types of adjustments as well.
Message 6 of 7

Is there a way to rotate them all a specific degree from where they were? I don't want my blocks all oriented in the same direction, but I need to rotate all of them 90° around their own centers.

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: mchristensonQGTXD

@mchristensonQGTXD as long as you are aware that in AutoCAD/LT objects do not have a "center" that is simply identified by the program automatically... You'll need any year version of full AutoCAD or specifically LT2024 that now has LISP, then you can use this LISP to do that https://autocadtips1.com/2014/02/01/autolisp-rotate-multiple-objects-around-their-base-point/#:~:tex...)

Older LT version have no such ability if PROPERTIES command is not something that gives you the results you want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost