Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating entire layout in Autocad LT 2008

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Architerm
2551 Views, 17 Replies

Rotating entire layout in Autocad LT 2008

I have a drawing I've created in Autocad LT 2008 (wall sections) that are viewed in the sheet on their side, I'm tied of drafting sideways. If I group the entire page and rotate, dimenssions and model viewports will not coorperate in the rotation. UCS will allow rotation for view ports, but the command "plan" will not be recognized in paper space. Any suggestions on taking a landscape LAYOUT view and flipping it to portrait that won't wreck notes, leader, dims & viewports?  

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
pendean
in reply to: Architerm

If I remember correctly, LT2008 still has DVIEW command with the TWIST option: use that inside your viewport to rotate to the angle you desire.
Explore usage in HELP in LT2008 and experiment.
Message 3 of 18
Architerm
in reply to: pendean

unknown command "dview"

Message 4 of 18
Architerm

unknown command “dview”

Peter A. Edivan RAPC
Message 5 of 18
pendean

Message 6 of 18
Architerm

You have refered me to the following:

"Did you rotate your USC about the Z axis in the view you want to rotate and then type PLAN; C;  ?"

Although I can manipulate the USC and the Z value, when I type "plan" the responce is "command only valid in model space". I'm trying to rotate the entire paper space view.

Message 7 of 18
drjohn

Oh ... OK ... go to PS, zoom back a bit, make sure all layers are on and thawed, then select with crossing window all you can see, select your base point and rotate the way you need to rotate it.  The viewports will still be the same in reference to the titleblock but turned 90

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 8 of 18
pendean

Are you INSIDE the viewport when you do both? You cannot rotate paperspace (outside the viewport). Works fine here.
Message 9 of 18
drjohn
in reply to: drjohn

A quick example.

Not sure it's a good idea, but if that's what you want this is how to get it.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 10 of 18
Charles_Shade

That was asked in another Forum in the DG recently and did not believe it was possible. I just did what DJ suggested and it worked fine on 11 x 17.

Essentially you want a Landscape page setup to be Viewed as Portrait in Paperspace.

So if your title block is on the right side normally (in Landscape) it would be at the bottom when viewing.

I just did what DJ suggested and it worked fine on 11 x 17 after rotating everything and changing the print orientation from Landscape to Portrait.

"that are viewed in the sheet on their side, I'm tied of drafting sideways" Do you not draw in Modelspace?

Now I have to go and find that other post...

Message 11 of 18
Architerm

I think you may have inadvertantly answered the question - Assuming I have no viewports in my layout, and just wish to reorient my view of my layout sheet, other than zooming out and manually capturing/rotating (which screws my associated dimenssions), a paper space view can not be rotated in autocad 2008 lt. Am I correct?  As I do have some viewports in my layout sheet, when I do capture and rotate, the view ports do not rotate, unless I was to go in to each view and USC command the "z" coordinate

Message 12 of 18
drjohn
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles is right about if you want this to be permanent you will need to change text orientation and other things that may crop up. I changed nothing in my example, just rotated everything I had in my drawing  90%%d  90 degrees.

Again, not sure it's a good idea but ....

Regards,

DJ

Message 13 of 18
drjohn

Are your viewport borders turned on so that they rotate with the rest of the drawing.

My example has associative dims (dimmassoc 2) and they stayed associated just fine when I rotated the drawing.

Regards,

DJ

Message 14 of 18
Charles_Shade
Message 15 of 18

OP just a hint here about dimensioning. If rotating your view puts dimensions under the line or facing the other way, you can override that in properties by telling it to read right to left and under instead of over. Try plaiyng with those overrides and see if you get results you like 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 16 of 18
ScottHodges

I don't know if this is the original poster's intention: Have you rotated your UCS to the direction you want to view and then typed plan to reorient the space ? Viewing direction is independant of the WCS. Also once the view is how you want it, save the view, so you can easily restore it later.

Message 17 of 18
Architerm
in reply to: ScottHodges

“plan” does not work in paper space
Message 18 of 18
Charles_Shade

Did you try what DJ suggested? Works like a charm here and prints correctly

I've done so and changed my template to work this way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost