Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotated Dimension offset from viewport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kwg06516
571 Views, 4 Replies

Rotated Dimension offset from viewport

I have a set of Rotated Dimensions in paperspace that are graphically offset from their associated points.  I have not made any changes to the viewport, model or dimensions for this layout since the last time they displayed properly.  In other words I found them like this when I opened the drawing this morning.

See attached image.

Command: list
1 found

DIMENSION Layer: "A-ANNO-DIMS"
Space: Paper space
Layout: ramp layout
Handle = a433
associative: yes
type: horizontal
1st extension defining point: X=0'-3 5/8" Y=0'-6 7/16" Z= 0'-0"
2nd extension defining point: X= 0'-3" Y=0'-5 31/32" Z= 0'-0"
dimension line defining point: X= 0'-3" Y=0'-5 21/32" Z= 0'-0"
default text position: X=0'-3 5/16" Y=0'-5 25/32" Z= 0'-0"
default text
dimension style: "Arch Frame"
dimension style overrides:
DIMLFAC -96.00000
Annotative: No

AutoCAD LT 2012 F.51.0.0

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: kwg06516

Tried a REGEN?

Tried running RECOVER on the plan to Open it?

ANNOTATIVE?

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Someone moved them and did not notice: or the objects these dimensions where snapped-to moved, thus kicking them out (they did not reassociate, since you have DIMASSOC turned on).

Message 4 of 5
drjohn

There is also a command calle DIMREGEN which may or maynot work.

If the DIMASSOC is turned on it may very well be snapping to points that are on another object outside of the viewport.

If DIMASSOC is turned off then it is not unusual since you may have moved objects.

Try DIMREASSOCIATE (DDA OOTB) and snap the leader/witness lines back to the points you want.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 5
kwg06516

Charles Shade,

REGEN had no effect.  I did not consider a RECOVER when I discovered that moving one control point, such as the text position, relaligned the dimension elements to their control points.

Dean,

Neither the dimensions nor the objects they measure were moved since the last time they displayed correctly before the error.  The problem seems to have corrected itself, as the error did not return when I reopened the file today.  I don't understand the comment about DIMASSOC.  Aren't they supposed to reassociate when DIMASSOC is turned on?  Besides, I've worked with DIMASSOC=2 since forever and this is very unusual.

Drjohn,

Sorry but I'll have to wait and see if it happens again before I can try DIMREGEN or DIMREASSOCIATE.  The fact that they seemed to correct themselves after moving a control point suggests that these commands may work when and if it happens again.

Thanks, everybody.

Kevin.

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost