Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room ID

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
deanb
641 Views, 11 Replies

Room ID

Hello,

How do you add room ID's on architectural drawings?

Thank You,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: deanb

Can you elaborate?

Do you need to number them?

Message 3 of 12
deanb
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes. I do fire alarm system layouts and would like to be able to insert the room names and numbers as I see on other architectural drawings

Message 4 of 12
AcadAdamLT

Are you the one drawing the Architectural drawings?

Usually the architect use separate layers for Room ID and name, if theres no room ID's or room names present in the drawing then it's on the architect.

If you like to do it yourself then... use normal Mtexts?

I work in pretty much the same business, I do security alarms and including firealarms. Usually we get an Architectural drawing from our customer or directly from the architect and we attach it as an Xref. The state of the Architectural drawing is up to the Architect, we don't modify it more then turning off/on layers.

(EU - Sweden)

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 5 of 12
deanb
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Thanks for the info Adam. I do on occasion create the drawings, so I would like to be able to insert that information. I did not know if AutoCAD LT had that capability or if it is only on full AutoCAD.

Message 6 of 12
Bob_Zurunkle

I am thinking make yourself a block with attribute tags for room name and number. when you insert it you will be prompted for each of the two values.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 7 of 12
Charles_Shade

This is a Macro that can be placed on two Buttons and provide for a numbering scheme.

-To provide a numbering scheme as in Rooms. Text height must be zero:
-Put this on one button:
^C^C_setenv;StartWithNumber;\_setenv;TextInFront;\
-Put this on a second button: (I added the Textstyle set portion S;Standard;)
*^C^C_text;S;Standard;\;;$M=$(getenv,textinfront)" "$(getenv,startwithnumber);setenv;startwithnumber;$(+,1,$(getenv,startwithnumber));^M;

Bob's suggestion may be more versatile depending on how you use it.

Message 8 of 12
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Imo using a block with attributes for Room ID and name would only be necessary if you plan on extracting that information out to excel or likewise, Mtexts are usually more open and easy to use.

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 9 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Check this one out.

I got tired of thinking and typing. I am amazed at how many names I have come up with.

Message 10 of 12
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Looks pretty smooth, but how come everytime I select a block property tablet grip my Autocad crashes -.-

Gonna have to look into that one tomorrow..

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 11 of 12
pendean

Neither full AutoCAD nor LT have a room ID tool: you either used an add-on that is no longer an option to use now, or you used to use a block that someone neatly placed into a palette or drawing for you to grab and insert. Either way, it was something a user created somewhere.
Do you still have access to one of those drawings? open it and LIST the room id object to find out.
Message 12 of 12
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: pendean

I have mine in a block that has a rectangular border with a dynamic stretch and a wipeout. It even stretches an associated hatch for that professional 3D effect Smiley Wink

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost