Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roof plans in Autocad LT 2013

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
1CRP
1803 Views, 6 Replies

roof plans in Autocad LT 2013

Is it possible to do simple 2D roof plans in Autocad LT 2013?  Wanting to purchase, but need to make sure first.  If so, what is the command?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: 1CRP

LINE. 🙂

AutoCAD LT has no built-in "roof" tool; all you get is whatever you can make with lines, arcs, circles, etc.

But you don't have to take my word for it -- download a free 30-day trial and test it yourself before you commit.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 3 of 7
Charles_Shade

Message 4 of 7
1CRP
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you.  That's what I was afraid of.  I was looking for a time-saver, but guess not with this version.  Any tips?

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

@1CRP wrote:

Thank you.  That's what I was afraid of.  I was looking for a time-saver, but guess not with this version.  Any tips?

A book I read recently called Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

It seems that if you put in 10,000 hours to most anything you become very proficient at it. Smiley Wink

This really comes down to how many bucks do you want to spend. There are porgrams that will do this either simple versions or complex. The thing is if you buy the one that will do the simple plan you have bought the same that will do the complex.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

How much do you want to spend (software cost, plus learning cost and time)?

Will you be sharing CAD files with others, or are you basically a stand-alone entity?

http://www.autodesk.com/architecuture

http://www.autodesk.com/revit

Message 7 of 7
1CRP
in reply to: pendean

I do com'l const docs mainly, but the roofs are for my residential side.  I don't do much residential, but miss my old full-version of cad that drew up the roof plans for me.  Since on my own for the past several years, not wanting to spend the money for the full-blown autocad version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost