Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogue fonts and linetypes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
drjohn
1505 Views, 9 Replies

Rogue fonts and linetypes

This is the first time I have encountered this and although I have kept up on the DNG scourge and that kinda stuff, these linetypes and text fonts won't purge.

The DGN purge is not applicable to LT (it uses LISP) and I have tried the dxfout/dxfin routine to no avail.

DELETING  directly from the font listing gives the message that it is in use and can't be deleted. All unused entities and such have been purged.

This actually seems to be some kind of architectural litter and xref at that but I have opened the xref panel and other than 2 "not found"  .jpg files which I DETACHED there is nothing in the xref listing.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Regards,

DJ

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: drjohn

Can you post the drawing?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 10
pendean

LT2015 handles DGN-items purging as part of PURGE command now (subscription discount deadline is this Saturday).

Your screenshots look like bound xref objects, not dgn objects. Post the DWG file here if you want for others to try.
Message 4 of 10
drjohn
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
LT2015 handles DGN-items purging as part of PURGE command now (subscription discount deadline is this Saturday).

Your screenshots look like bound xref objects, not dgn objects. Post the DWG file here if you want for others to try.

I see that the rogue font files are bound xrefs but they are not used in the drawing (AFAIK) and won't purge.

2015 is not in the near future, unfortunately. Hell, they were running 2000LT when I got here 7 years ago. Took me a year to get them to upgrade to 2012LT just so I could have tools to work with.  2012LT has been relatively stable so I am loath to change in the middle of a project.

The attached drawing has almost everything (drawing wise) stripped out and the dwg has been purged and audited but the fonts/linetypes remain.

TIA

Regards,DJ

Message 5 of 10
hwalker

That is one seriously messed up drawing.

I exploded everything until they were down to the basic component parts. Purged every block and deleted all the text.

I changed all the layer linetypes to standard and everything else to standard

I then deleted everything apart from the 4 lines on the L layer. Then did a select all and it said 14 items. I deselected and then selected the 4 lines individually and deleted them. Tried another select all and nothing was selected.

Did a purge with nothing in the drawing. And still those rogues would not purge.

I even did a copy and paste into a new blank drawing and they came over.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 10
pendean

Looks like the file contains Pro-Stahl 3D references in it. Not sure what that is.

Full AutoCAD 2012 (to stay in your version) found these and deleted them, plus 6574 errors in the file:
DGN Linetypes Purged : 126
DGN Complex Linetypes Purged : 5142
DGN Text Styles Purged : 2
See attachement 1.

LT 2015 did not list all it purged and found no errors to fix. Since this is a later version of LT, it may have upgraded some components even ith the save down to 2010 format.

Message 7 of 10
drjohn
in reply to: pendean

Apparently Pro-Stahl is/was a Bently product.

I am searching for an OE as we speak.  not having very much luck

Thanx for the lead.  I remember now seeing that warning (of a missing OE but dismissed it) on another drawing. Have no idea what client sent it but yer right @HWalker, if you copy ANYTHING to another drawing it infects it just as the DGN Linetypes did.

For the time being I have pasted a note on the first layout tab to not copy anything from this drawing. Best I can do on the spur of the moment.

Thanx for the help, gents.  I'll post if and when I get the solution.

Message 8 of 10
hikerman

Drjohn,

I opened your posted drawing in 2015 LT.

I didn't see all your rogue linetypes. But I did see all those 130600_Plans text styles.

Did a WBLOCK on entire drawing. In the new drawing all the 130600_Plans text styles were gone.

Then I did a WBLOCK on the drawing using 2011 LT, again all the 130600_Plans text styles were gone.

I didn't try anything else.

Was this the result you were after?

Just to clarify, are you referring to the "130600_Plans" text styles or actual font files (like in the C:\Windows\Fonts directory)?

Fonts and text styles are not the same thing. A "text style" is set up inside Autocad and utilizes a font, like from the Windows\Font folder.

GChapp

Message 9 of 10
drjohn
in reply to: hikerman

I don't think I did try WBLOCK to tell you the truth.  I did try dxfout but that was an epic failure.

I will give that at shot after lunch and post the results back.

BTW .... the linetypes show up in the layer dialog when you select the linetype for a layer.

Thanx for the feedback.

Regards,

DJ

Message 10 of 10
drjohn
in reply to: hikerman

That did it.  Smiley Very Happy  Worked in 2012 also.  Only caveat is that it brought all my wipeouts to the front. I can deal with that.

Thanx much for the help.

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost