Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbons

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
574 Views, 9 Replies

Ribbons

I turned on my AutoCAD LT 2011 this morning at work, and I didn't have any panels or tabs on the top ribbon. After searching for a way to turn them on, I found a way to remove the ribbon completely and am unable to get it back. How can I get my ribbon with tabs and panels back on the top of the screen?

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

RIBBON command perhaps?

Message 3 of 10
AcadAdamLT

Sometimes when I change my CUI I get an error message from AutoCad which terminates the process, and when I start it up again it's not able to load any CUI at all... my fix is:

1. I unload the current CUI and then load it again.

2. From the menu-tab I change the workspace to my settings since the standard one after loading the CUI is none <.<

3. I go into the CUI and update it by changing the position of a command in a toolbar.

What happens when I do the steps:

1. I'm now able to reach my workspaces..

2. Now my toolbars and ribbons reappears but without Icons.

3. Updating it brings back my icons.

PS: If anybody happens to know why my AutoCad keep crashing when I make changes in the CUI please send me a pm =), I didn't have the problem before but all of a sudden it has started to crash from time to time. Anyways don't make any further investigations from this thread, just send me a pm if you just happen to know what it is ^^

/Adam

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I now have the ribbon back, but at the top it says "The ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded." 

When I right click on the ribbon, there are options for "Show Panels" and "Show Tabs", but neither allow me to click on them. Is there a way around this "right-click" method?

Message 5 of 10
Bob_Zurunkle

Was there an update to your antivirus software over the weekend?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Not sure. I was not aware of it, if the IT dept. did any updates.

Message 7 of 10
pendean

CUI command

top-left corner window is your LT main menu (right-click over it and see the option to reload and restore if you need to do that): but first, there is a Ribbon entry below it. Expand it, then the TABS and PANELS entries, nothing there?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am not able to right click over the LT button, and there is nothing to expand below it. My ribbon is blank, other than the words I mentioned earlier. When I right click on the ribbon, it has a menu that pops up and says "show tabs" with an arrow, "show panels", "show panel titles" (which is slected), "undock", and "close". The "show panel titles", "undock" and "close" buttons are the only ones I can select. The tabs and panels buttons don't do anything. 

Message 9 of 10
pendean

WORKSPACE command, change workspaces, anything show up?

If you can't right-click as shown in the screenshot attached, you will need to remove LT and reinstall it: back up your customizations first.

http://ltisacad.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-remove-autocadlt-from-your.html
Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617  

Message 10 of 10
gccdesign
in reply to: pendean

I just had this happen, where I turned on Acad LT 2011, and the ribbon was gone.

I fixed it by going to the workspace switching icon (gear thingie) in the lower right, and selecting the workspace that I use (and had saved previously).

This brought my ribbon back to the way I had previously had it set, seems to work fine.

GChapp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost